Looking for the RQ 3 Character Sheet in High Def

ACDupe

Hello all!

I have been running a game of Runequest 3, but have had to use some mediocre quality PDFs of the character sheet. I have had a lot of trouble tracking down a high-quality, sharp version of the character sheet. 

This is the best I've found so far. If you have a better version or know where I can find one, PLEASE let me know!

runequestcharsheet.jpg

Personally, I never use official character sheets as they are normally awful.

Excel allows for quite detailed character sheets that can be customised easily, so I use that now.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

The RQ3 character sheets were one of the biggest improvements over RQ2!

Pity that the entire RQ3 line used garish colour schemes that date them. You are better off getting ones on a white background. However I always liked the RQ3 sheets.

I cannot take credit for this, and I'm not even sure where I found this unoffical RQ3 character sheet, but it may also be of use to you:

RQ3 Character Sheet unoffical.pdf

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 4

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Guest Vile Traveller

The Games Workshop RQ2 block of character sheets, on the other hand, was magnificent. I still have one which came as a surprise, sandwiched in a spare GW RQ2 softcover I bought recently.

14 hours ago, Mankcam said:

The RQ3 character sheets were one of the biggest improvements over RQ2!

Pity that the entire RQ3 line used garish colour schemes that date them. You are better off getting ones on a white background. However I always liked the RQ3 sheets.

I cannot take credit for this, and I'm not even sure where I found this unoffical RQ3 character sheet, but it may also be of use to you:

RQ3 Character Sheet unoffical.pdf

WOW! That looks like one of mine, at least the front page does. It was uploaded here long long ago, and lost in one of the many updates. If others are interested, I can see if I can find it and re-upload it. 

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary
  • Like 1

yeah its a good one - i used quite a few of those sheets - i am very grateful you uploaded it almost a decade ago :)

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B018uRj3WEzoSUZjYmtobVByQTA

That's my latest version of an excel character sheet.  Yes, it's tweaked for my personal RQ3 homerules, but it's excel you can easily modify it.

A few things I felt were useful ideas:

- since hp and mp are constantly changing, we have them as SLIDERS along the edges, instead of numbers you write and erase 00's of times.  Use a small paperclip and just slide it up and down along the edge of the page to indicate current values.  (same with fatigue steps and luck points, which we really don't use much in play)

- body hp thing has separate lines for MAGICAL armor points, PHYSICAL armor points, and NATURAL armor points in the "order" in which they are hit with damage, if it matters.

- skills are tracked on the back, but all the constantly-used action skill values have places on the front of the sheet. The goal would be that you have everything you need quickly on one side.  In a perfect world, the sheet would be completely automated but I found that ultimately more trouble than it's worth in a lot of contexts (so many exceptions...) so the only things that are automated are SRs, hps, location hps, and damage mod (according to our more-gradual 1d4 progression...houserule)

My intent ultimately is that when RQ4 comes out, I *will* be rewriting this with more automation (ie Passion sliders, so if you increase a passion by +15, automagically the opposite one drops 15) etc.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 11:42 PM, styopa said:

I daresay that's the truth for any of those silly boxes that AH ever sold.  Stupid money-grubbing move.

Set the wrong tone for RQ3 supplements from the go-get. Because they were so over-priced, remaindered supplements 1 & 2 still frequently appear in auctions "mint" and "in the shrink", most recently at this con:

16 - 1.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XIxCePUUKF4/V7nhQ4YkeRI/AAAAAAAADpg/TlCCqOTYqXAk1CLFbPZ9N6zt6burgNEDwCL0B/w827-h465-no/16%2B-%2B1

• 1 year later...

I got so sick of always having to dig to find this, that I've scanned at iirc 600x600 color and put it up in the Download section here.  If Chaosium has a (c) issue with their work being available for download, I figure that's totally available for them to purge.

RQ3 Original sheet here: 

4 minutes ago, styopa said:

I got so sick of always having to dig to find this, that I've scanned at iirc 600x600 color and put it up in the Download section here.  If Chaosium has a (c) issue with their work being available for download, I figure that's totally available for them to purge.

RQ3 Original sheet here: 

Thank you! 

Can I play? Here are my colour and black-and-white versions, re-created in the spirit of the original but with some customizations (check box for tracking POW gains, lots of new skills, coin types/values/weights and hit-location HP fractions).

Human Adventurer Sheet (2).pdf

Human Adventurer Sheet (old, greyscale).pdf

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason