Moon Design ... ? (Also some puzzling Cthulhiana...)

g33k

I'm curious about the future of MD:  the forums & web-store seem deprecated in favor of Chaosium  (& BRPCentral), and I am getting a "wrapping things up" vibe... although there's a fair bit of confusion, from my POV.  I mean, "Glorantha returns home to Chaosium!" is the headline of MD's "Glorantha.com" website, but they still refer to "our" (that is, MD's) webstore, "our" product catalog, etc.  And rightly so!  The "Gloranthan Classics" series was an invlauable resource for the years that the originals were out-of-print; and GtG was/is arguably one of the greatest RPG products ever.  So MD has some serious value to their catalog!

I can understand the idea of keeping a cohesive brand.  I also understand that keeping Chaosium+MD both going, as separate entities, is more work for the actual humans involved (and even the Great Old Ones involved).  Arguably "Chaosium" has the name-recognition; as a web-destination MD's "Glorantha.com" looks pretty good, too, but doesn't need a separate company (with yet a 3rd name!).  So consolidating everything at Chaosium makes sense.

(As an aside... WTF "cthulhu.com"??!? currently some sort of odd umbrella consultancy/VC firm "Cthulhu Ventures" (when did this happen?).  Ummm... yeah...  This is, uh, puzzling; possibly alarming, given that the recently-discovered "Cthulhu Spider" Pimoa cthulhu of Sonoma/Mendocino counties lives just a few miles from "Cthulhu Ventures" HQ in Sausalito...).

But back on track with my main query... is MD planned to fade to the background?  Is it now something of a "holding company" or some such?  Will it run only "glorantha.com" as a resource?

Or is all this still "under consideration/discussion"?

C'es ne pas un .sig