Praxian History

David Scott

3 hours ago, kalidor said:

Forget about rain fertility effects in our planet. Earth powers to sustain life have being badly damaged. It is not a question i think about "matter" is about energy and myth.

But, Orlanth brings fertility to the Earth by bringing rain, that is one of the powers of Orlanth Thunderous. 

Daga was conquered by Yelm and Orlanth, Yelm by telling him he was very naughty and locking him in a bottle, Orlanth by performing a HeroQuest and bringing Heler back.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

4 hours ago, kalidor said:

Forget about rain fertility effects in our planet. Earth powers to sustain life have being badly damaged. It is not a question i think about "matter" is about energy and myth.

If that is the case, how come different deities duplicate the same fertility powers in different and unrelated parts of the world?  Myth only explains local effects, it is the runes that power the underlying reality, and they are very similar to terrestrial physics in their effects. So similar in fact as to be identical.  Just because 3 different tribes have myths explaining the same element of physical reality differently doesn't mean there is not another, deeper, better answer that explains all the other stories at a higher level of precision. Godlearners FTW.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 4:52 PM, soltakss said:

But, Orlanth brings fertility to the Earth by bringing rain, that is one of the powers of Orlanth Thunderous. 

Daga was conquered by Yelm and Orlanth, Yelm by telling him he was very naughty and locking him in a bottle, Orlanth by performing a HeroQuest and bringing Heler back.

In the case of Prax you are totally correct. As you move towards the Wastes, Orlanth Thunderous / Heler's powers decrease. Likewise do the powers of Thunderous initiates. The Pol-joni and the Pavis County Orlanthi provide most of those, amongst the Praxians they only have Orlanth Adventurous. It directly correlates with zones of Orlanthi power I put somewhere on here ages ago:

Orlanth Influence Prax.jpg

This shows Kero fin's, Stormwalk Mountain's and the Pairing Stones' influence. The Pairing Stones' influence is stunted by the Dwarf zone and area around the Castle of Lead. Beyond Vulture Country is Storm Bull's domain and Heler has no power.

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

• 4 years later...
On 10/8/2016 at 8:44 AM, g33k said:

"It's Magic" isn't just a dose of handwavium used to conveniently explain Random Gloranthan Wierdness -- it's woven into the fabric of this ecosystem.

The magical ecosystem isn't the problem, its the lack of explanation.  If you have access to the pile of documents required to piece the info together, you can make sense of it, but have a care for new GMs.