What Renaissance products would you like to see ?

Ade

On 23-8-2016 at 2:20 AM, Simlasa said:

dealing with the Hudson's Bay Company and exploration into native territory.

Nice!

On 23-8-2016 at 9:43 AM, Ade said:

Liking the idea of Colonial American material.

Sixtystone Press has an eagerly awaited Colonial Lovecraft Country line in the works for Call of Cthulhu 7E, authored by Kevin Ross.

• Like 1
RPGbericht (Dutch)

Also how about a Renaissance world where magic is accepted.

Burning Old Women, the mentally ill and your political enemies at the stake for witchcraft and Sorcery was one thing when Magic really did not work.

But if magic does work, then Witches and Sorcerers are very useful to the powers that be so we might have  a little creative interpretation on who and what is a Witch or a sorcerer, such as that Woman who works for the King is a Wizard not a witch,  and no where does it say suffer not a Wizard to live .

If you are useful to those in power , or can make a profit for them, you seldom get burned at the stake.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2016 at 9:43 AM, Der Rote Baron said:

More French & Indian War scenarios would be great. I would also like to see more Irish adventures.

I will ask Roger if he is ready to work on the next one in the French & Indian war series and/or maybe do it as a sourcebook or standalone product

As for the Irish Saga - There will be more ! Sorry for the delay in bringing the next one out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRose said:

Also how about a Renaissance world where magic is accepted.

Burning Old Women, the mentally ill and your political enemies at the stake for witchcraft and Sorcery was one thing when Magic really did not work.

But if magic does work, then Witches and Sorcerers are very useful to the powers that be so we might have  a little creative interpretation on who and what is a Witch or a sorcerer, such as that Woman who works for the King is a Wizard not a witch,  and no where does it say suffer not a Wizard to live .

If you are useful to those in power , or can make a profit for them, you seldom get burned at the stake.

Maybe a Renaissance setting set in the actual Renaissance ? Based in Italy with tones of Assassin's Creed, Three Musketeers and the magic of Clockwork & Sorcery ?

• Like 3

On 01/09/2016 at 11:30 AM, Vorax Transtellaris said:

French and Indian War mini setting

Early Old West, California Gold Rush mini setting

But as I already mentioned in another thread a full campaign setting for the Mexican Revolution with culturally appropriate, subtle folk magic would be my dream product. (Link to the discussion.) doomedpc certainly seemed to like the idea!

A Renaissance Early Old West setting would be interesting as would one set circa 1910 with weird/Cthulhoid overtones. Again, I know very little of Mexico (other than Bierce's disappearance 

On 02/09/2016 at 0:33 AM, Vorax Transtellaris said:

Kevin Ross' Old West Cthulhu setting Down Darker Trails is indeed in Chaosium's pipeline and a definite must-buy for me, but it's going to be strictly 19th century.

The long overdue d100 game Raiders of R'lyeh, which is going to be set in the 1910s, will include some material on the Mexican Revolution AFAIK. This is still being worked on and preview material given out to KS backers so far looks very promising but there's no telling when it will finally be finished.

Help us Abe, Cakebread & Walton, you're our only hope! ^_^

Again, this comes up - I think Peter knows a bit about these eras and possibly it will be worth me having a chat with him

There is certainly a lot to go at in these Posts so thanks again and keep them coming. Maybe I need to get some more co-writers to get these things written and out lol

• Like 1

On 01/09/2016 at 11:30 AM, Vorax Transtellaris said:

But as I already mentioned in another thread a full campaign setting for the Mexican Revolution with culturally appropriate, subtle folk magic would be my dream product. (Link to the discussion.) doomedpc certainly seemed to like the idea!

Yep - I'd love to do a setting which includes write ups for Neri, Villa, Zapata and co.

• Like 1

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

On 03/09/2016 at 11:09 AM, Butters said:

I wouldn't mind a sourcebook or a campaign book dealing with the Protectorate and maybe Cromwells Western design (How do clockwork devices handle the humid jungles of Jamaica?). Also I need this question answered does Cromwell die or will he have his brain encased in a clockwork device of some sort?

As pondered and noted (but not released), Cromwell's fate is not certain (if we ever find the time to move the story on, his future will depend on the actions of Adventurers and events in part VI of the campaign), so feel free to interpret his future as you like! Btw, as tempting as the "Cromwell Tank" pun is, we have another use of a similar pun in mind instead ;) (Do you have the Telepathy Feat?)

• Like 2

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, doomedpc said:

As pondered and noted (but not released), Cromwell's fate is not certain (if we ever find the time to move the story on, his future will depend on the actions of Adventurers and events in part VI of the campaign), so feel free to interpret his future as you like! Btw, as tempting as the "Cromwell Tank" pun is, we have another use of a similar pun in mind instead ;) (Do you have the Telepathy Feat?)

Damn I've been rumbled guess I better get ready for some goat staring in my foreseeable future.:P

Edited by Butters

On 4 września 2016 at 9:23 PM, Ade said:

Maybe a Renaissance setting set in the actual Renaissance ? Based in Italy with tones of Assassin's Creed, Three Musketeers and the magic of Clockwork & Sorcery ?

Renaissance Italy in the tone of AC / Da Vinci's Demons is what I dream of whenever I look at the two hard copies of Deluxe on my shelf. It would be awesome and I think it would sell brilliantly as well.

Another one I want is a Penny Dreadful-like Victorian horror-adventure dime novel setting.

Edited by Ghostwriter
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to have a Quickstart for Clockwork & Chivary ...  In my opinion it's the best way to advertise the game. To spread the word about it at conventions, ...
For Dark Streets und Clockwork & Chivalry and Pirates & Dragons: It would be great if there were adventure collections like the ones WFRP 2 (Plundred Vaults) or Dark Heresy (Purge the Unclean) had. The Adventures should be dealing with themes that are strongly connected to what the games are about.

Dark Streets: A classic Bow Street Runners adventue in the poor, dirty and vicious areas of London [without any mythos]; A mythos adventure in which the goals of the cultists may be exactly the "right" ones [meaning: if accomplished, it would do a great good to the city]. An adventure like the proverb: "the road to hell is paved with best intentions"; An adventure that revolves around the runners themselves - dealings and conflicts about their involvement with the criminal milieu and their dealings with the "lords of the city", who want law to be brought to the streets but consider themselves rather to be above the law and are involved in intruige and shemes themselves.

Clockwork & Chivalry: Adventures concerning the different factions and/or social classes. Maybe an adventure about "Horseman's Word" in the highlands, one about the struggles at the university of Oxford and another about the poor & rural people rising with ideas, that are threatening both royalist and parlamentarian interests, ...
Plus: The final parts of the Kingdom & Commonwealth Campaign.

Pirates & Dragons ... [I don't own it yet, so this is just guessing]: A calssic adventure about a "knight rescuing the princess from an evil dragon" while the "princess" is a savage and mean Pirate-Girl, that better shouldn't be released; something about old curses and the exploration of islands; a "road story" travelling from isle to isle ...

To sum it up: Adventure collections that showcase the strenghts, the vastness and specialties the games have to offer.
[... in general I can say that I - and some others discussing the games by C&W @ the german forum Tanelorn - would prefer more adventures for existing games to writing the next three or four iterations of OneDice games.]

Edited by D.Athair
orthography
  • Like 2

[... in general I can say that I - and some others discussing the games by C&W @ the german forum Tanelorn - would prefer more adventures for existing games to writing the next three or four iterations of OneDice games.]

As one of the guys from that german forum, I can second that! C&C might actually be the next game in our group after our soon to be finished Numenera campaign, and our GM would certainly be even more willing if she knew that the last segment of the K&C campain will be out in the forseeable future.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:23 AM, D.Athair said:

I'd like to have a Quickstart for Clockwork & Chivary ...  In my opinion it's the best way to advertise the game. To spread the word about it at conventions, ...
For Dark Streets und Clockwork & Chivalry and Pirates & Dragons: It would be great if there were adventure collections like the ones WFRP 2 (Plundred Vaults) or Dark Heresy (Purge the Unclean) had. The Adventures should be dealing with themes that are strongly connected to what the games are about.

Dark Streets: A classic Bow Street Runners adventue in the poor, dirty and vicious areas of London [without any mythos]; A mythos adventure in which the goals of the cultists may be exactly the "right" ones [meaning: if accomplished, it would do a great good to the city]. An adventure like the proverb: "the road to hell is paved with best intentions"; An adventure that revolves around the runners themselves - dealings and conflicts about their involvement with the criminal milieu and their dealings with the "lords of the city", who want law to be brought to the streets but consider themselves rather to be above the law and are involved in intruige and shemes themselves.

Clockwork & Chivalry: Adventures concerning the different factions and/or social classes. Maybe an adventure about "Horseman's Word" in the highlands, one about the struggles at the university of Oxford and another about the poor & rural people rising with ideas, that are threatening both royalist and parlamentarian interests, ...
Plus: The final parts of the Kingdom & Commonwealth Campaign.

Pirates & Dragons ... [I don't own it yet, so this is just guessing]: A calssic adventure about a "knight rescuing the princess from an evil dragon" while the "princess" is a savage and mean Pirate-Girl, that better shouldn't be released; something about old curses and the exploration of islands; a "road story" travelling from isle to isle ...

To sum it up: Adventure collections that showcase the strenghts, the vastness and specialties the games have to offer.
[... in general I can say that I - and some others discussing the games by C&W @ the german forum Tanelorn - would prefer more adventures for existing games to writing the next three or four iterations of OneDice games.]

Or perhaps the Fair Maiden is in fact a Sea hag of great power and the Dragon was set to keep her captive so she does not spread her evil.

Might point out Deluxe renaissance  PDF  cost only a few dollars if some one wants to check it out.

On 23/09/2016 at 0:23 PM, D.Athair said:

A Dark streets non mythos Adventure would be excellent - basically a good old detective mystery murder ? I like that idea. I will pop it on the "To Do" list. Possibly a 64 page collection of a couple of such adventures plus some adventure seeds ? I reckon I could get Pete & Ken up for that one :) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A Napoleonic Wars setting would be awesome. This is a setting with almost no presence in rpgs and with a lot of potential. 

I run a campaing set in the first weeks of the French invasion of Spain and my players are very satisfied. They are ragtag guerrilleros fighting the imperials, setting ambushes and capturing napoleonic officials in a sandbox style guerrilla warfare.

Edited by Savlvus
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A Colonial America and French and Indian Wars setting would be great. But also add a module on the US West Coast at this same time. While the colonies were fighting England, Spain was building missions up and down the West Coast subjugating the Native Americans, looking for gold, etc (Father Junipero Serra and San Juan Capistrano)... with the Russians and English encroaching in Northern California to Alaska. Or maybe some years later on the West Coast, the Mark of Zorro period. The actual story 'The Curse of Capistrano' is a great read and what gave rise to the 'Mark of Zorro', as he was the curse of Capistrano.

More Dark Streets, Five Points, and did i say Colonial or Frontier America. Liking the Napoleonic period as well, something like Sharpe's Rifles.

An established setting that I think Renaissance would handle quite nicely, if as was done with Dark Streets the rules were pruned and tweaked for the setting, would be the world set up in SM Stirling's The Peshawar Lancers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Peshawar_Lancers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikari_in_Galveston

Edited by Mysterioso

• 4 months later...

1730-1830 is the target timeperiod...  Frankly, ONE core rulebook and then a gazillion interlocking sourcebooks:

• Regency England (pride & prejudice & zombies!  Sorcery & Cecilia!  Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell!  Scarlet Pimpernel! Etc...)
  • French & Indian War / Seven Years' War
  • Napoleonic Wars (Temeraire and DONE - and with existing F&IW + P&D, you have 95% of the content, I think...)
  • Colonial America -- before, during, after the revolution
  • Early-Modern India / British Colonial India / East India Company
  • Hudson Bay Company
  • Caribbean Piracy (is in decline, but still a Real Thing)
  • Russian America (Pacific Northwest)
  • Edo Japan
  • Kingdom of Hawaii
  • And much, MUCH more

Straight-up history... historical with a touch of fantastical... moderate (or gonzo) amounts of fantasy... That's just so, SO much potential...

You guys are already the Big Boys of BRP in the post-medieval through pre-Victoriana eras, I think.  You already have the Renaissance period...  Take the rest of it!  Just take it.  :D

Edited by g33k
  • Like 3

C'es ne pas un .sig