River of Heaven @ Furnace 2016: Star Shine

Newt

If you are going to Furnace, I'm running the following game on Saturday Evening.

"Star Shine Chapter 1: Darius’ Seven
Slot 3 Saturday Evening
System: River of Heaven
GM: Newt
Number of Players: 4

You are on the run. If they catch you they will kill you.

So you hid on the last planet that anyone in the whole Universe would want to find you – Earth.
Burnt out Earth, Abandoned Earth, Lawless Earth. Where you hide in Kill City, beneath the Skyscrapers where the elites look down on the huddled masses of poor. Where the pollution is so bad, if you didn’t have a working mask you’d be drowning in it.

Then a woman called Carla in a bar tells you that legendary Lord Darius, captain of the renegade Step Ship “Star Shine”, is looking for a crew. That he’s looking for people like you to offer a ticket off this hell planet to a life of freedom amongst the stars. All you need to do reach the orbital elevator on the other side of the city, while playing a deadly game of hide and seek with the Hunter-Killers of his rival Lord Algernon.

River of Heaven is a D100 Science Fiction game set in the 28th Century. This adventure is the beginning of an epic series of con-adventures which will span the game’s setting. As well as the fiction of writers such as Alastair Reynolds, this adventure pulls heavily from TV series such as Firefly and Blakes 7."

I'm very much running this as a 'Pilot' that if its successful will be an ongoing Convention Campaign, supported by myself and other D101 writers. Further details on that when it happens :)

• Like 4

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 3 weeks later...