Which to get

9 minutes ago, Nick J. said:

I honestly have no idea. I'm a fairly recent arrival to the world of Glorantha. I just know that you can get all of the Gloranthan Classics title except P&BR in print form on Chaosium's webstore. Nobleknight is out of stock, Ebay sellers charge an arm-and-a-leg and I couldn't find a copy for what I consider a reasonable price. So I broke down and did some PDF-fu and made my own.

If/when it comes available through Chaosium I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Oh, Okay. Further info can be got on their cunning plans at their RuneQuest Kickstarter pages, and their company web page...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224590870/runequest-classic-edition/description

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224590870/runequest-classic-edition/posts/1450259

http://www.chaosium.com/runequest/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jongjom said:

Thanks for that. I missed the kickstarter, so I don't ever think to check that project page.

I've got say im a Big Griffin mountain fan but if you want easy and out of the box it has to be Borderlands.

If you want easy for players to pick up and a slightly different experience, but some rewarding work for a GM Griffin Mountains great.

There are a few extra Griffin Mountain resources over at www.backtobalazar.com all non canon but you may like to use some.

I missed the Kickstarter too and never would have thought to look there.

What does anyone have to say about the Old School RQ Resource Pack?  Once again, it seems to have stuff I desperately need, specifically bunches of pregenerated NPCs, plus a couple of adventures.  I don't know if I want it more than a campaign setting or whatnot, but I am curious.

44 minutes ago, 1970 said:

I missed the Kickstarter too and never would have thought to look there.

What does anyone have to say about the Old School RQ Resource Pack?  Once again, it seems to have stuff I desperately need, specifically bunches of pregenerated NPCs, plus a couple of adventures.  I don't know if I want it more than a campaign setting or whatnot, but I am curious.

My preference would be the campaign settings every time.  These are what made runequest stand out from the crowd in the early 80's.

Old school resource pack i think is curiosity compared to them.

Edited by Jon Hunter

1 minute ago, Jon Hunter said:

My preference would be the campaign settings every time.  These are what made runequest stand out from the crowd in the early 80's?

I totally understand and agree, but with having to pick spells for NPCs and such having pregens would be a godsend if I were to go off the beaten path, which I would end up doing sooner or later.  If I were running for a group that wouldn't be a problem, but as a solo player I have to take those things into consideration, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, 1970 said:

I totally understand and agree, but with having to pick spells for NPCs and such having pregens would be a godsend if I were to go off the beaten path, which I would end up doing sooner or later.  If I were running for a group that wouldn't be a problem, but as a solo player I have to take those things into consideration, unfortunately.

Both campaign settings have stacks of pregen NPC's and encounters. 

• Like 1