Aeon Games

Claudius

Recently, on The Design Mechanism site, I read the following announcement:

Important Note: UK and European Customers, please order our titles through our partner, Aeon Games Publishing. Your shipping costs will be cheaper, and your orders received sooner.

Aeon Games offers free shipping to all UK and Europe customers (yay!). However, no product is available, that is, whenever I click on any title, it says: "This item is not yet published. You may pre-order a copy and we will send it out when it becomes available". Is this normal? Does anybody know when DM products will be available?

Thank you in advance

Grając zaś w grę komputerową, być może zdarzyło się wam zapragnąć zejść z wyznaczonej przez autorów ścieżki i, miast zabić smoka i ożenić się z księżniczką, zabić księżniczkę i ożenić się ze smokiem.

Yes, this is correct. Aeon are preparing all files for printing and getting their PDFs ready for download when customers place an order. We do much the same thing.

Mythras and Classic Fantasy are the first two Aeon releases, and I believe they should have PDF files for downloads ready this week. Printing takes several additional weeks.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

I'm not sure if I got it right. Do you mean that Aeon Games is going to print DM books, in the UK on their own (well, I suppose under license)? So, let's say I want to order Mythic Britain from them, all I have to do is wait for Aeon Games to make it available in the near future, and order it? Or are they a POD service?

Grając zaś w grę komputerową, być może zdarzyło się wam zapragnąć zejść z wyznaczonej przez autorów ścieżki i, miast zabić smoka i ożenić się z księżniczką, zabić księżniczkę i ożenić się ze smokiem.

19 minutes ago, Claudius said:

I'm not sure if I got it right. Do you mean that Aeon Games is going to print DM books, in the UK on their own (well, I suppose under license)? So, let's say I want to order Mythic Britain from them, all I have to do is wait for Aeon Games to make it available in the near future, and order it? Or are they a POD service?

Yep!

18 minutes ago, Claudius said:

Correct. Aeon print and warehouse our books in the UK and Europe. They're not print on demand, they're an experienced publisher who has the rights to reproduce all our works for sale. I believe Mythic Britain and Luther Arkwright will be going to press as soon as Mythras and Classic Fantasy are ready. Just keep an eye on their website.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers, I will definitely check Aeon Games site. Their offer of free shipping to all Europe is great. I will wait patiently (or rather impatiently) until I can order books from them.

5 minutes ago, Verderer said:

Says now 'available' :D and 'free UK delivery' :(.

Aeon have told me that the 'Free UK and Europe Delivery' was a mistake. I tested it out to see what the delivery charge to Canada would be, and they offered that free, too. Shipping anything overseas, whether by sea or air, is becoming hideously expensive, and obviously Aeon don't want to lose money on such a new venture. I know it'll be disappointing, but they tell me the European delivery charge will be as reasonable as they can make it. And it will still be far cheaper and faster than buying direct from us and our US warehouse.

• Like 1

So what will be the best way to order for those of us down here in Australia? Directly from Design Mechanism or via Aeon Games?

Either way the international postage will be nasty, but it looks like Aeon has a few books in hardcover that aren't yet available directly via the Design Mechanism. Is this correct?

37 minutes ago, Prime Evil said:

So what will be the best way to order for those of us down here in Australia? Directly from Design Mechanism or via Aeon Games?

Either way the international postage will be nasty, but it looks like Aeon has a few books in hardcover that aren't yet available directly via the Design Mechanism. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. Not everything we have is yet available from Aeon.

I honestly don't know what will be cheaper. Shipping rates are calculated automatically by store software based on carrier used, weight of the package, service selected and destination. We are actively working on establishing Australian warehousing, but it will be some weeks before all that is in place.

• Like 2