[7E] Print + PDF

finarvyn

I just bought a copy of the INVESTIGATOR's book and of the KEEPER's book at my local bookstore. Then I realized that an e-mail from Chaosium says that with Print purchase I get PDF for free. My local game store owner is really new and isn't sure how that works. Do I have to buy direct from Chaosium to get the PDF, or is there a procedure to get the PDF if I buy from a regular game store?

4 hours ago, finarvyn said:

I just bought a copy of the INVESTIGATOR's book and of the KEEPER's book at my local bookstore. Then I realized that an e-mail from Chaosium says that with Print purchase I get PDF for free. My local game store owner is really new and isn't sure how that works. Do I have to buy direct from Chaosium to get the PDF, or is there a procedure to get the PDF if I buy from a regular game store?

Ask your game store if they are a member of Bits and Mortar: http://www.chaosium.com/blog/chaosium-joins-bits-and-mortar/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a quick follow-up, my situation is resolved.

I got in touch with Dustin at Chaosium and sent him copies of my receipts and he got the PDFs added to my account at Chaosium. As far as I know my FLGS is still unable to get the files, but I'll keep checking because I want to promote CoC there and I know they will be more interested if they can participate in "Bits and Mortar" for CoC products. :-D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, girtablilu said:

Does this apply to only the core books for CoC7, or does a purchase of other physical books from Chaosium provide a free PDF/digital version?

Look towards the bottom of the books description. It will have flags representing which countries warehouses have stock. Just below that is where it states whether there is a free pdf or not.

Regards pdf's and Bits and Mortar, it would be nice if that is sorted out because like finarvyn,  I want to try to promote Call of Cthulhu in my FLGS. They have reserved the core rulebook for me which i will collect next week. It is great that Dustin sorted it out mind

• Like 1