PLEASE INCLUDE A CALENDAR PAGE !

g33k

It has just occurred to me that -- given how critical the season and the day seem to be for magic in the upcoming RQ ruleset -- a calendar page (possibly with annotations, and/or spaces for notes) is going to be important.  A campaign needs one, for sure... and it appears that every caster-heavy and/or notably-religious PC needs one for their character, too ...

So, just like there's a freely-reproduceable character-sheet in the rulebook (and available for download), there should be a calendar-sheet...

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

52 minutes ago, SDLeary said:

Come now. If we want evocative we should insist on something along the lines of the Calendar or Coligny! Complete on a sheet of brass with peg holes to mark day, night, and whether the day is auspicious! :P

SDLeary

And @Triff, can we bring back the old smilies please... so so much better for snark and irony! ;)

Sounds like some real Kickstarter, stretch goal material right there! 

(Sadly, it wouldn't be the craziest thing I've seen creators try to fob off in a crowdfunding round)

Gods of Glorantha had an excellent calendar, but they could improve it by having more of the holy days marked.  Perhaps a combined Orlanthi/Lunar calendar that focusses on those two primarily but with other major holy days for races/cultures important to Dragon Pass/Prax.

• Like 1

The RQ2 version in Cults of Prax(?) was a single confusing page. No room to write. IIRC the RQ3 calendar appeared first as a freebie in AH's Heroes magazine (@Rick Meints?). Then in Gods of Glorantha. Then updated in either Storm Tribe or Thunder rebels. I always found that there was too much irrelevant info for my games, although the calendar was essential. The problem is just like real world calendars - small ones have no room to write and large ones are pages long. Personally, a nice simplified version of the RQ3 one, online would suit me. I'd rather it not take up room in a book.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Have a colourful, detailed calendar similar in design to RQIII but larger boxes to allow more detail. Have the art (and RQ / Chaosium logo) around a  centrally placed calendar. Use thick card board. One season, one piece of board. A miniature Arachne Solara to indicate which day it is.

But whatever is done make it a visual fest that hooks you into wanting to use it.

7 hours ago, David Scott said:

The RQ2 version in Cults of Prax(?) was a single confusing page. No room to write. IIRC the RQ3 calendar appeared first as a freebie in AH's Heroes magazine (@Rick Meints?). Then in Gods of Glorantha. Then updated in either Storm Tribe or Thunder rebels. I always found that there was too much irrelevant info for my games, although the calendar was essential. The problem is just like real world calendars - small ones have no room to write and large ones are pages long. Personally, a nice simplified version of the RQ3 one, online would suit me. I'd rather it not take up room in a book.

Heroes Volume 1, #6, 46 pgs, Nov/Dec 1984.

History of the Lunar Empire - Fifth Wane, GS, pgs 4-6, 45.
Dragon Pass - Mastering the Unique & Strange, Brett Murrell, pgs 9-10. Dragon Pass tactics and strategies.
New Skills for RQ3, GS and Sandy Petersen, pgs 11, 46. Overview of new skills.
The Big Hit, Sandy Petersen, pgs 12-18. Fonrit assassins scenario & good twists.
Gloranthan Calendar, GS, pgs 14-30. A Gods of Glorantha reprint. A useful thing to have a spare copy of.

• Like 3

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 2 September 2016 at 3:24 PM, styopa said:

Season-ly calendar, printable PDF http://www.dimacleod.co.uk/rpg/rq/monthcal.pdf

With plenty of space for jottings.

Personally, that suits me.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 hours ago, styopa said:

gorgeous and nicely laid out.

Definitely an attractive piece.

The main issue is that whoever did it got Storm and Dark seasons reversed.

The equinoxes and solstices are off as well (about two weeks too late).  They should be (per GtG p652-5):

Spring equinox: Waterday, Godweek, Sacred Time

Summer solstice: Fireday, Harmonyweek, Fireseason

Autumn equinox: Waterday, Stasisweek, Earthseason

Winter solstice: Fireday, Illusionweek, Darkseason

Edited by jajagappa
updating solstice/equinox notes

On 9/4/2016 at 10:21 AM, jajagappa said:

Definitely an attractive piece.

The main issue is that whoever did it got Storm and Dark seasons reversed.

The equinoxes and solstices are off as well (about two weeks too late).  They should be (per GtG p652-5):

Spring equinox: Waterday, Godweek, Sacred Time

Summer solstice: Fireday, Harmonyweek, Fireseason

Autumn equinox: Waterday, Stasisweek, Earthseason

Winter solstice: Fireday, Illusionweek, Darkseason

Yeah, took me a bit to find Sacred Time, I thought it was just me.  But it's just pretty.

• 2 years later...