The Chaosium's BRP Size Table and Superworld

DreadDomain

BTW, I miscalculated the Dhar Corondon.

Using these values:

Height and Length combined of 16.5m avg and 18m max

SIZ of 8d6 + 40 for avg of 68 and max of 88

STR of 4d6 + 30 for avg of 44 and max of 54

yields 7832 kg for an average specimen, and 12058 kg for a large one.

Ian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, looking up the Chimera in the old d20 SRD, it says that the Chimera weighs 4000 lbs, has a length of nearly 10 feet, and 5 feet at the shoulder. Assuming a STR of 45 is appropriate (a normal tiger has a max STR of 30 in BRP), and dropping it into my formula, I get a SIZ of about 57.

Ian

And now for a skeleton. Using the average male human as an example, we have a weight of 36 lbs or 16.36 kg (assuming average human male is 180 lbs and bones weigh about 20% of total weight), an average STR of 10.5 (skeletons have 3d6 STR), and a height of 6 ft or 1.83 m. Plugging that info into my formula yields an average SIZ of 2.66. Now, that does fit with the theory that a skeleton is about 1/5 the weight of a human. However, again, we can consider that skeletons are magical creations, and that perhaps the bones, if not already calcified or fossilized already) have been magically treated to increase their density and make them more robust. Yes, it is a little hand-wavy, but we are talking undead skeletons here - the standard rules of physics should not apply. Doubling the calculated average SIZ to 6 (rounding the 2.66 up to 3) makes sense, and then doubling again for HP to get 12 seems reasonable (again, we're talking magical entities here).

Ian

Actually, skeletons should *BE* SIZ 3!!! How much effort would be to just pick a skeleton up and throw it away?

Unless they are double-jointed, actually picking up and throwing them away looks like a sound plan!!! (unless they have claws and/or a shield and scimitar!).

Also, their SIZ can be AP, and they should be immune to all kind of special hits!!! (they sure can't bleed nor be pierced, and weight so little that a crush just moves them around instead of doing more damage!!!).

The skeleton's advantage is its double-jointedness, if it has it (hard to actually pick up, since its attacks are multidirectional!!!), and their devilishly speed and dexterity. They must suck at grappling too, since they can be held onto and/or destroyed with brute force.

Their damage modifier kinda sucks too, since they're supernatural strength cannot make up for the lack of mass.

But! Unlike zombies, skeletons can be impervious to time, they are super-stealthy untill they move, they need no maintenance, and are actually good at fighting and dodging!!!

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"