Trudvang Chronicles Kickstarter

Chorpa

I am sorry I have taken so long to reply. Been away on a trip to Ireland and just came home tonight.

On 2016-09-04 at 10:36 AM, smiorgan said:

I have a few questions about Trudvang:

- How does experience work?

Experience is quite easy. You earn Experience Points each session/adventure that you can use to raise skills or buy a new "feat" type ability. The higher a skill are the more expensive it becomes. No improvement rolls.

- Is combat very detailed? The combat points system looks cool but also kind of slow.

It is about as detailed as BRP with the Hit Locations bolted on and takes about the same time. 

The Combat Point system is actually quite easy. Let's say you have a pool of 25 combat points from the skill and abilities. When it is your turn lets say you take 13 points to make an attack with skill value 13 you roll against with your d20. On the opponents round he attacks you and you decide to place the rest of your 12 points from the pool to parry the attack with a skill value of 12. It's not more complicated than that but opens up the option to make a few attacks/parries with a high chance of success on each skill roll or make a lot of attacks/parries with a low chance of success on each skill roll.

- Is it as deadly as BRP / RQ?

As mentioned earlier. I would say it is about the same level of deadliness as BRP/RQ.

- Is Westmark's religion Christianity with the serial numbers filed off? 

The simple answer would be yes.
But I would say that they have used Christianity as base for the religion but bolted on enough of new stuff to make it quite unique for the world of Trudvang.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well I must say even I was suprised how successful the Kickstarter became. And good thing is that they already have a wealth of finished modules that just need to be translated so I am sure there will be plenty of stuff coming for the game in English. I am sure the ones who backed this will not be unhappy with what they get. 

Even I got very inspired by the Kickstarter so I am actually thinking of dusting of my Swedish Trudvang box and kick off a campaign. :D

Edited by Chorpa
  • Like 1