Mixing Editions

I like the magic system of Elric!, but not so much the demon summoning.  I like Agency better than Championship.  Would it be too much trouble to port Elric!'s magic system to Stormbringer 4?  I don't see too many problems with it, but would appreciate the input of people more experienced than myself.  Thanks!

Never mind.  I was looking through my copy of Magic World and that seems to be what I'm looking for as far as character creation and skill selection.  Skills don't go over 100% and I can still use Elric!'s magic system and assorted systems.  I can deal with the demon summoning as I go along I guess.

Thanks for looking in any case.

9 hours ago, 1970 said:

Would it be too much trouble to port Elric!'s magic system to Stormbringer 4?  I don't see too many problems with it, but would appreciate the input of people more experienced than myself.

For the spells, no problem at all, You can use the Elric! spells as they are and keep the rest of SB4.

To better balance things, I'd make spellcasting a skill starting at POW+INT or at POWx5.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1970 said:

Never mind.  I was looking through my copy of Magic World... Skills don't go over 100% 

Yes they do! Magic World is identical to Elric! in this respect. See page 37..."Expect skill levels to regularly exceed 100 percent."

They may not go over 100 at chargen (in Elric! neither do they) but can exceed 100 through experience. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smiorgan said:

For the spells, no problem at all, You can use the Elric! spells as they are and keep the rest of SB4.

To better balance things, I'd make spellcasting a skill starting at POW+INT or at POWx5.

If I were to do this, how would I account for spells with variable MP costs?

38 minutes ago, smiorgan said:

Yes they do! Magic World is identical to Elric! in this respect. See page 37..."Expect skill levels to regularly exceed 100 percent."

They may not go over 100 at chargen (in Elric! neither do they) but can exceed 100 through experience.

Oh.  I misread the section I was basing my post on.  Thanks for straightening me out.  Still, there seems to be an optional rule to limit characters to 100% or less, as mentioned under the Angel profile (Magic World 155), but I can't find it in the rulebook.  I may limit it anyway; I don't know yet.