BRP Now Shipping...

You're required to specify shipping when you order your product, at which point there are multiple selections for UPS and USPS methods of shipping.

Oops. :o

Thanks for pointing that out. It's been a long time since I preordered. I don't remember what I specified, and it doesn't say on the invoice (including clicking "View" on my online account history), but I guess that's my problem...

Move along, nothing to see here.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops. :o

Thanks for pointing that out. It's been a long time since I preordered. I don't remember what I specified, and it doesn't say on the invoice (including clicking "View" on my online account history), but I guess that's my problem...

Move along, nothing to see here.

Nothing except ANOTHER TOTALLY STOKED BRP PLAYER!

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

I received a copy of BRP from Chaosium.

This is extra surprising considering I didn't order one from them. I had an order pending with Amazon for a while now. I checked my account at Chaosium and I see no record of ordering the book either. I haven't checked to see if my credit card was charged.

I sent mail to Dustin to see if we can get it straitened out. I will probably keep the book, not sure what they want to do about payment. On the one hand I don't mind paying for it since I was ordering one anyway. On the other hand they shipped my something I didn't ask them for and asking me to pay for it seems wrong. On the other other hand I wouldn't feel right keeping something I didn't pay for. (What? You don't have three hands?)

Anyway, we will see what Dustin says.

By any chance did anyone else get a book they didn't expect?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

I was not in the playtest, but I did buy the Advanced Reader's Copy and the PDF.

I heard back from Dustin and it was sent to me by mistake, but it has been sorted out very satisfactorily.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

I sent mail to Dustin to see if we can get it straitened out. I will probably keep the book, not sure what they want to do about payment. On the one hand I don't mind paying for it since I was ordering one anyway. On the other hand they shipped my something I didn't ask them for and asking me to pay for it seems wrong. On the other other hand I wouldn't feel right keeping something I didn't pay for. (What? You don't have three hands?)

So, keeping quiet and hoping they don't notice wasn't an option? It would have been my first choice :)

Not yet ;)

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Unfortunately, no - I did not even get the one I am expecting. For some

unfathomable reason it seems easier to send a copy of the new BRP to

Australia than to my FLGS here in Germany. :(

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Unfortunately, no - I did not even get the one I am expecting. For some

unfathomable reason it seems easier to send a copy of the new BRP to

Australia than to my FLGS here in Germany. :(

Don't feel so bad... I haven't gotten a copy yet, either.

I would think yours would be the first one to be shipped out:confused:

Perhaps they think that Jason should know the content already well enough,

and would be happy not to have to see it for a while ? :D

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I, too, received a copy I didn't order. It arrived yesterday and it's as lovely as can be. I was planning on getting one anyway, but just hadn't gotten around to ordering it. The Zero and the PDF that I had already ordered were enough to keep me covered until the book showed up at my FLGS. But hey, now I don't have to spend the gas to get there.

After an email exchange with Dustin everything is now copacetic. It seems that (like Lord Twig, I suspect) I was the unintended beneficiary of an utterly unplanned PDF/print copy 2-for-1.

They appear to have that particular ordering system bug squashed now. Sorry, folks :)

Since they don't seem to want to let me pay for the book, I've promised to buy Dustin a drink or three the next time he's in my neck of the woods.

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Since they don't seem to want to let me pay for the book, I've promised to buy Dustin a drink or three the next time he's in my neck of the woods.

I've been trying to lure Dustin back for years now.

Sadly, he was in the final stages of moving from Austin when I first got here.

I've been trying to lure Dustin back for years now.

Sadly, he was in the final stages of moving from Austin when I first got here.

Well, with your charm and my nearly limitless budget for drinks, surely we can get him to come back to town for one liver-smashing weekend of raw alcoholic debauchery, no? :)

Failing that, maybe you can convince him to swing through to do some playtesting on Interplanetary. Then, when he least expects it, I can show up with an armload of burritos from Chuy's.

Really, I'm up for anything that will fix my karma on this whole "free book" thing. My guilt has blossomed to nightmarish proportions since Saturday!

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

I, too, received a copy I didn't order...After an email exchange with Dustin everything is now copacetic. It seems that (like Lord Twig, I suspect) I was the unintended beneficiary of an utterly unplanned PDF/print copy 2-for-1...

Darn it. I must have ordered BEFORE they put in the 2-for-1 deal :ohwell: At least Charlie refunded the SHIPPING that they originally charged me on the pdf.

Still waiting on my FLGS.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

I received a copy of BRP from Chaosium.

No but here is my plan.

I have been waiting for this for a generic update of this game for so long (around 1990 when I discovered both GURPS and HERO) that I immediately ordered the PDF as soon as it was available, I will buy the paperback as soon as I see it at my FLGS and will buy the hardback as soon as it is available.

I'm disappointed to report that my "Contributers Copy" arrived today. ;) Of course the only reason I'm disappointed, is that I'm waiting on some pulp reprints to arrive, and when my wife called and told me the package I was waiting on had arrived, I thought it was them. :(

I've so far had a only the briefest chance to glance through the PDF copy I bought a couple weeks ago. Now to wait for my FLGS to get the copy I pre-ordered in, and to enshrine my "Advanced Readers" copy. :D

You know, with 3, soon to be 4 different copies, a person might think I like the book! :D

My local game store said it should be in next week. I could of gotten it by now but I decited to help keep their business afloat.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at too. I'd have a copy this week if I'd placed an order directly with Chaosium, but I felt it important to support the local gaming store and hopefully the owner likes it enough to push it to the gaming public. One store owner can reach a lot of people after all.

I almost got the PDF, but work has kept me busy, and I'll be gone most of the 4th of July weekend, so next week works, I guess.