BRP Now Shipping...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a small stack of them in the mail from Chaosium.

Have unwrapped one and paged through it... am almost tempted to live-blog my experiences upon reading it once more, but have so little time...

Very satisfying getting it in my hands, though.

Well, I've officially tossed in the towel on Amazon.

They STILL can't give me an ETA, even though I have confirmed with Charlie and Dustin that the Amazon copies were shipped immediately.

So, I've cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered from Chaosium direct. Bummer. I'd have had the thing now if I'd been a little more patient and pre-ordered from Chaosium.

Well, I've officially tossed in the towel on Amazon.

They STILL can't give me an ETA, even though I have confirmed with Charlie and Dustin that the Amazon copies were shipped immediately.

So, I've cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered from Chaosium direct. Bummer. I'd have had the thing now if I'd been a little more patient and pre-ordered from Chaosium.

I'm giving them a little longer just on convenience grounds, but I'm beginning to think I should have waited too; but I was ordering a couple other things through them at the same time so it was easy.

Amazon is usually okay when preordering material that will come from a large company, or that's been out for a while, but pre-ordering from them in this kind of situation is almost always a bad idea.

I've cancelled my pre-order with Amazon UK,since they still don't seem to know when they'll get their hands on BRP,but Leisure Games (London) are taking pre-orders with a view to getting stock in on July 9th.Seems about right to me.I've bought from them before;they're a good company.I too bought a pdf copy,as i just couldn't wait.:thumb:

Guest Vile Traveller

Aaargh!! Noooo! I think the postman delivered it on Saturday, but I was at the office! Now I won't be able to collect it until next Saturday! And face the wrath of my boss when I turn up to work at 10:30, because the damn post office doesn't open until 9:30 ... :eek::mad:;-(

My copy arrived yesterday, and I spent the evening basking in its golden glory. Many thanks to Jason, the Chaosium folks, and all the other contributors for such a fantastic book-- you guys did a fantastic job! :thumb:

Ditto. Now I won't be reading anything else for weeks :o

Some FLGS in Gemany have begun to offer BRP, but I am not sure whether

they all offer the same BRP - the price tags range from 27,95 Euro up to

39,95 Euro, so it can hardly be the same book ... :eek:

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Thought I'd mention that according to Amazon my copy shipped today; they must have never updated their estimated shipping (happens a lot with pre-orders involving small companies and them in my experience).

Amazon FINALLY shipped my copy, today. At least I saved some money. I can't wait till it gets here.

My playtest contributor's copy has yet to arrive. Possibilities are:

*Lost in post (grrr)

*Charlie has rethought his generosity

*My Surname is at end of alphabet and so part of second shipment

*Package addressed to me has been intercepted and quarantined by beloved as 19th is my birthday

Since I have the pdf and the contributors copy is an (unexpectedly) nice thought I shall wait until 19th before I start worrying too much.

Al

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

Just received mine this morning. that s one big assed tome. Shame its not hardback really or it would rival Talislanta 4th ed for player bashing.

Ah, Talislanta 4th. With resplendant binding that can withstand heavy impact with even the thickest of player skulls.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

*sigh* me too ;-(

Nick

Ditto. I'm optimistically imagining them all winging their way to us across the Atlantic as we speak...

Thank heavens for PDFs!

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth