BRP Now Shipping...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-post from RPGnet:

I got my free copy (I was a playtester) yesterday. It actually arrived on Friday, but nobody was at home, so we had to go to the post office and claim it. My S.O. brought it home for me yesterday.

Free copy, and free shipping from the U.S. to Germany. I love Chaosium.

:D

BRP Zero Ed #136/420

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal death in judgement."

- The Fellowship of the Ring

I received my copy yesterday (10 July). I ordered direct from Chaosium on Friday 27 June so all in all only took 13 days (9 business days) to arrive. That was with free shipping too, which I thought would add a month.

Ofcourse, ahem, I had to spend $125 in other books to get free shipping, and my wife kindly understood.

So got escape from innsmouth, end time, Liber ka, cthulhu rising pdf, yellow sign dice bag, ravenor saga and fate of fools. Not a bad lot for £65 odd quid from halfway accross the world.

So now I have the ARC 115, 1st ed and the PDF. Just waiting for the hardback now.

Also I have to say, that as much as I liked the cover design when it was annouined, I now prefer the simpler ARC one with the dragon.

Ho hum

Likes to sneak around

115/420

Got mine Thursday. It's awesome, beautiful, everything I could have hoped for and more.

Just to play devil's advocate, I will say that SOME of the new artwork didn't reproduce well. Too bad, because when I saw the online samples of these, they are actually very nice pieces.

Congratulations and thank you, Jason (and Sam).

Just to play devil's advocate, I will say that SOME of the new artwork didn't reproduce well. Too bad, because when I saw the online samples of these, they are actually very nice pieces.

I think they look ok... but like you said, somehow not as nice as the samples we saw earlier. I had a slightly bigger gripe against the captions under them... I think I would have preferred the pictures be slightly bigger with no captions at all... because the evocative nature of the images is somewhat betrayed by the bland 'game talk' underneath.

Still... that's an itty-bitty matter of taste and not at all important in the bigger scheme of this great big book.

Mine arrived on Thursday (10th July) but had been sitting at a neighbour's since the previous Friday (4th July) waiting for me to pick it up, but nobody told me.

It looks pretty good, very clear, well laid-out and easy to read. The rules themselves seem consistent and simple and there is a lot of GM advice and examples.

All in all, it seems to be the real deal. Now, let's hope Chaosium can support it.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

I just finished up my review of the book. Check my sig if you are interested. :)

*Ahem*

Care to repost this to rpg.net?

I'm trying to get people to get it on the top 100 core rulebooks!

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

Finally got my copy from my FLGS! No real time to do more than glance through and notice the artwork goes from good to passable and that it seems very organized.

Quickly glanced at a few sections concerning the adventure I'm writing for the BRP contest, and was remindered why I love this old, familiar system so much. Other than needing some historic and plot details, the rest I could have run pretty much on-the-fly.

It still seems amazing to me that we didn't get BRP in this form at least 10 years sooner.

Anyway, nice work Jason, Sam and the rest of the people who made this happen. Better late than never! :D

I FINALLY got mine today. I've looked it over at lunch and I have to say, Jason you and Sam did a real bang-up job! The book is written for beginners in mind yet made for seasoned gamers who want to branch out and don't mind doing some of the conversion work on their own. My only pet peeves--I wish there was a section on Priestly magic and that the major wounds table was a little more like the old Perrin/ Hargrave critical hit charts for those who don't want to use hit locations but like rolling a "01" and seeing what bloody mayhem transforms! None the less, thease are minor issues and can easly be adjudicated by any experienced GM.Five stars all the way! :):):):):)

Edited by mrk