BRP Now Shipping...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received a notice from Amazon that they don't know when they'll be able to ship. :mad::mad:

Amazon does that automatically.

I expect that Chaosium's going to get the books shipped out this week, and they'll be distributed throughout Amazon's warehousing system next week, shipped to customers soon after.

It's possible you'll see books from amazon.com shipping before the first week in July, but my bet is that they'll begin hitting people's mailboxes shortly after the 4th of July weekend.

Amazon does that automatically.

I expect that Chaosium's going to get the books shipped out this week, and they'll be distributed throughout Amazon's warehousing system next week, shipped to customers soon after.

It's possible you'll see books from amazon.com shipping before the first week in July, but my bet is that they'll begin hitting people's mailboxes shortly after the 4th of July weekend.

Here's to hoping my copy arrives before July 4th weekend (should be direct

from Chaosium). 3 day weekend coupled with my mother-in-law in town to

help distract the kids might equal more reading time :)

-V

But they'll ship to FLGS distributors first, right? So that those of us who are supporting our FLGS, but have been bugging them for several YEARS will not be penalized for buying locally...

Right?...

Oh bugger.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

But they'll ship to FLGS distributors first, right? So that those of us who are supporting our FLGS, but have been bugging them for several YEARS will not be penalized for buying locally...

Right?...

Oh bugger.

Steve

I have no official idea, but I would imagine it'll be done almost simultaneously.

I've been at publishers when product needed to go to distributors and amazon.com, and it's often accomplished at the same time... checking boxes for condition of books, throwing a bunch of shipping labels onto them and calling a shipper like UPS to come and get them.

So my unofficial guess is that distributors and Amazon.com will get their books almost the same time... how long it takes them to get them into their own distribution system and out the door is variable.

Going to get on phone and stop bugging my local game store. Perhaps threaten to summon a shoggoth during their next war hammer tournament if they don't order me a copy.

They'd probably just raise the entry fee in lie uof the "special guest".

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

I got my shipping notification yesterday afternoon. Does anybody know what shipping method Chaosium generally uses? I'd ask them directly, but I don't want to bother them with such a trivial question.

I think you can find your answer here:

Chaosium Inc.

Specifically:

"Chaosium can ship your order to any place in the world reachable by the U.S. Postal Service or by UPS. The following paragraphs describe our product warranty and return policies. By using this site, you consent to the following terms."

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

I think you can find your answer here:

Chaosium Inc.

Specifically:

"Chaosium can ship your order to any place in the world reachable by the U.S. Postal Service or by UPS. The following paragraphs describe our product warranty and return policies. By using this site, you consent to the following terms."

Right, I read that earlier. I see that they use USPS and UPS, but it doesn't say what method they use. Not even on the "detailed invoice" - it just has an entry for "Shipping Method: Shipping." Priority? Media Mail? Parcel Post? It's not specified. I guess I'll pester them myself... :ohwell:

Right, I read that earlier. I see that they use USPS and UPS, but it doesn't say what method they use. Not even on the "detailed invoice" - it just has an entry for "Shipping Method: Shipping." Priority? Media Mail? Parcel Post? It's not specified. I guess I'll pester them myself... :ohwell:

You're required to specify shipping when you order your product, at which point there are multiple selections for UPS and USPS methods of shipping.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

You don't remember what service you choose when you made the order? Log in to your account and click My account near the top it shows your orders. click the view button to the right of the order. Scroll down, the shipping method is shown under the Billing Information header.