Jonstown Compendium No. 9,807: Who owns these treasures?

Oracle

On p.55 of Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes an information box is displayed containing the entry No. 9,807 of the Jonstown Compendium. This entry lists several treasures, which according to the text are "kept by one of the famous old clans of the Colymar tribe".

Which tribe is it? According to Sartar Rising Vol. 3: Gathering Thunder Orane's Spindle is owned by the Orlmarth clan. Does this mean, that all the other treasure listed in the entry of the Jonstown Compendium are also kept by the Orlmarth clan?

The fact that the Orlmarth clan has a strong connection to Orane (e.g. Orane's Loom is a holy place in the lands of the Orlmarth clan) is also a strong hint, that these treasures are kept by this clan.

I guess the text entry is not naming the clan directly to make it possible, that these treasures could be assigned to any clan (of the Colymar tribe), which you want to use in your game. But I would like to know the canonical assignment.

• 6 years later...
On 9/3/2016 at 10:36 AM, jajagappa said:

Orane's Splendorbread

What is the recipe? Is it like magical bread pudding with caramelized brown sugar and some apple on it?

Also don't the trolls of the Rubble have an oven or table that is magical?

Since they won't tell I imagine ingredients:

3 cups divided granulated honey from the Grub Farm.

5 large beaten eggs from the garden hens of Godunya in Kralorela.

2 cups milk from the Red Cows.

4 teaspoons divided vanilla extract. (What would this be in Glorantha?)

3 cups cubed allow to stale overnight in a bowl Gingerbread Man bread. (Who's the guy that runs around and dinosaurs come to eat, he's made of bread?)

1 cup packed light brown sugar. (more Grub Farm honey or substitute - ideas?)

1/2 cup melted, plus 1/4 cup softened Red Cow butter.

I also assume we'd need to ground flour of seeds from Flamal's garden? Maybe initiates are somehow able to get some of these seeds from the women's side Hero Quest when Ernalda meets Flamal... as a plot hook for future. Flamal offers some seed to Ernalda, yes actual seeds for plants to take with her...)

1 cup chopped pecans. (I'd prefer apples and some raisins.) What Gloranthian magical fruit would be a good substitute?

When its baked 80% sprinkle the honey and Red Cow butter in clumps on top for extra taste. It maybe be shaped into cookies for easier future distribution?

image.png.f452ee9fa729cff0b6f5bef456f0e233.png

Edited by Erol of Backford
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

What is the recipe? Is it like magical bread pudding with caramelized brown sugar and some apple on it?

Also don't the trolls of the Rubble have an over or table that is magical?

I love how things get necro'd on this forum. That's sincerely and honestly.  All the necroing I've seen actually adds something useful and/or interesting to the discussion.

Edited by DrGoth

1 hour ago, DrGoth said:

I love how things get necro'd on this forum.

The Splendorbread has risen from the dead! The magic of the oven! 

10 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

What is the recipe?

It's a clan treasure, and they're not telling! 😉