"At last I'll able to afford some clothes"

MOB

• 4 years later...

Ok, so we were just about to post a review of the old RuneQuest Classic title Plunder (1980) which noted it features "the only example of a cheesecake cover in Chaosium’s history" and then Loïc Muzy comes up with this for the forthcoming Cults of Glorantha book!

A Stranger came ashore in 1313. He quickly proved himself greater than any mortal, and knew secrets known only to the gods. In a great magical war, he overthrew the Lord of Darkness, the Only Old One, and united the peoples around the Bay into the Holy Country. For three centuries, the Stranger did rule as the God-King Belintar.

And he had quite the fan club!

212919694_3916696391758777_2115767226313517770_n.thumb.jpeg.a1d39718e8b207b7b2ccf129a90efab1.jpeg

Edited by MOB
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, MOB said:

Ok, so we were just about to post a review of the old RuneQuest Classic title Plunder (1980) which noted it features "the only example of a cheesecake cover in Chaosium’s history" and then Loïc Muzy comes up with this for the forthcoming Cults of Glorantha book!

Unless you make Belintar the cover-art (maybe for volume 2?), Plunder still stands as "the only example of a cheesecake cover in Chaosium’s history".

(But one volume's cover being Orlanth & the other being Sedenya seems awfully apropos for this set (and there's some pretty "hot" pix of each, if you're hankering to break the old Plunder record (just sayin'))).

Of course... it doesn't much matter to me WHAT goes on the cover, this is SUATMM content.

Plain cover in poi-purple with safety-vest-orange text reading "How are you gentlemen.  All your Cult are belong to us." = SUATMM

20' tall smoldering Efreet, dual-wielding a 10' Scimitar and a Chainmaille-Bikini-Blonde =  SUATMM.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, g33k said:

Unless you make Belintar the cover-art (maybe for volume 2?), Plunder still stands as "the only example of a cheesecake cover in Chaosium’s history".

I believe you are mistaking beefcake for cheesecake... 😉

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I don't think that Belintar was particularly tall when he arrived at Sindpaper. His body may have expanded later on as he took in divine powers, though.

What swimming style did Belintar use? Did he possibly establish a new one?

Telling how it is excessive verbis

17 hours ago, Joerg said:

What swimming style did Belintar use?

For some reason, I thought it was breaststroke. No idea why, though, that's what I thought I read somewhere.

I am sure that there are scholars in the Holy Country, and beyond, that have impassioned debates about this.

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here