The Temple of the Reaching Storm (An answer?)

Darius West

3 hours ago, Tindalos said:

As the Bringer of Death to Murharzarm, Umatum is just as possible a figure.

Gods can be male and female as they need to.

Well some mythic beings can be (e.g. the sea gods, dragons).  But there's less indication of that with other elements in the myths.

But, it's certainly feasible that Yara Aranis' mother, the Goddess of Tormented Death, might not be Gorgorma.  And Argrath knows/reveals that because he was there and is her father, not the Red Emperor.

On 9/23/2016 at 0:43 PM, David Scott said:

He's turned Yara Aranis to be an ally! She has the runes of Earth Moon and Death (GTG p151). I think it's likely that her phase has shifted from Dying Moon to Crescent Come as part of her transformation and She's now able to access Full Storm through this phase (HQG p181).

It might be that Yara Aranis hates Sheng Seleris more than Argrath, after all she was created to fight Sheng Seleris.

When Argrath and Sheng Seleris part ways, Sheng Seleris kills the Red Emperor and become Emperor himself and becomes even worse than the Red Emperor. At this point, Yara Aranis would probably be a bit annoyed at Sheng Seleris, who has just killed her father and ruling god, so it would make it easier to recruit her against Sheng Seleris.

However, turning the Glowline into the Reaching Storm is a major HeroQuest as it changes the very nature of Yara Aranis.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here