Where to order online in Canada?

NotRussellCrowe

Good morning!

Looking to get a copy of the Keeper's Rulebook for CoC 7e. Called my FLGS and they couldn't find it in their system and I could hear it in their voice that they did not sound hope. They are going to check with their "ordering guy" and get back to me. As as a backup, does anyone have any recommendations for ordering the book (and possibly future books, especially Crucible 7's Cthulhu Britannica books) from a Canadian site where my credit card will not be stolen and shipping will not be nearly as much as the book itself?

Thank you in advance,

Happy gaming!

No, Chaosium ships from the USA and shipping/postage is rather high, especially compared to when I order from Amazon.ca or Chapters.ca I'd love to order from them and get the PDF too but when you calculate shipping and exchange from USD to CAD it will cost me too much. Plus there may be duty charged on, sometimes you don't know if you will get hit with that until it crosses the border.

If you can find a Canadian store that sells Chaosium stuff then as Chaosium are now part of Bits and Mortar any store in that program should be able to supply the pdf. Same for Cubicle 7 stuff. It's free for a store so any store should sign up as lots of publishers use B&M to support stores.

Nigel

I don't recall hearing them say anything about who their distributor was.... I thought previously I heard them say something about one that started with an "I" but can't remember. Lion Rampant has a lot of the books I'm interested in so maybe I just need to find a different FLGS.

It will be pretty awesome when you get setup in Canada, great that you're working towards that for sure, always good to feel appreciated up here!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Coffee Zombie said:

Where in Canada are you NotRussellCrowe?

Good morning!

I'm in Winnipeg.

I did find a place online to order from, http://store.401games.ca/. They have the main Chaosium products for CoC but unfortunately no Crucible 7. One thing at a time I guess. I did get them to sign up for Bits & Mortar though so that's good news for anyone making a future order from them, unfortunately I didn't want to wait until they got into the program for ordering so my book is on the way.

2 hours ago, groovyclam said:

It might be worth contacting Chaosium with a scan of your receipt for the books and they might give you access to the PDFs.

Private Message Rick ( above ) to see if they are amenable.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will wait until my book has been delivered but that would be awesome if I could get it as PDF as well. I think when I get around to purchasing Horror on the Orient Express the PDFs will be an even bigger benefit, especially if I end up running the game online.

Thanks, groovyclam!

On 9/30/2016 at 6:07 AM, NotRussellCrowe said:

Good morning!

I'm in Winnipeg.

I did find a place online to order from, http://store.401games.ca/. They have the main Chaosium products for CoC but unfortunately no Crucible 7. One thing at a time I guess. I did get them to sign up for Bits & Mortar though so that's good news for anyone making a future order from them, unfortunately I didn't want to wait until they got into the program for ordering so my book is on the way.

I was going to refer you to a few Toronto stores, or directly to Lion Rampant to see if you could either order from them or if they could point you at a local store. You may still want to email them and look into it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2016 at 3:20 PM, Sasori said:

There are multiple stores here in Montreal who have the books. I can ask which distributor they used, and if you can't get access, at least you can pass the details on to your FLGS.

Thanks, Sasori, much appreciated!

The FLGS I called can indeed get it in, in fact they ordered it for me without confirming that I truly wanted it or what the price was and only called back when it was in. Needless to say I had ordered it elsewhere due to their lack of communication.

Anyways, thanks again for the offer!

• Like 1