M-Space Luther Arkwright Space Campaign The Darkness Seeps Through

Belgath

A bit of Technology timeline. It's a probably end up changing. But it what got so far.

QRI Quantum Research Industries

Not disclosed Dimensional slipstreem propulsion 20157 and guidance systems 2159
         Dimensional radiation shielding 2147 but Is actually dimensional reality stabilization
        Quantum slip stream  propulsion 2112
            Not disclosed First maned mission was a disaster " That later resulted and the loss of a whole planetary system That is now called the Taric event." I was with samples from entities found in the ship after this first incident started there  genetics program.
        Quantum phase stabilization 2110
     2098 After almost a decade of research in to the Boric effect and resulting incident. The slip stream was discovered. The area between universes were, The fabrics of reality slide and push agents each other.

.  2087-2089 Two separate quantum singularities where entangled with each other they're able to maintain the  entanglement despite moving it to a facility halfway across the world. Two years later Benjamin Boric accidentally discovered what is now called the Boric effect he exposed the one of the two entangled singularities to Anti Gravitrons this caused singularity in Geneva Switzerland to some how collide with the one in White Sands laboratory in New Mexico briefly opening for the first time the slipstream (not realized until 2098). 14 people died either Horribly mutated were merged with parts the facility as a parts of both facilities merged for a brief moment. Effects were counted to Interdimensional radiation. Not disclosed resulting damage was blamed on Green Peace terrorist.

Crystal Q matrix entanglement communication. First used for unbreakable encryption 2036
        Not disclosed  Micro singularity creation and manipulation 2024 
        Not disclosed Anti Gravitron 2022       
        Discovered the Gravitron in 2022 

D6 Propulsion inc.
    Established in 2152 as the need for inter solar system propulsion drives skyrocketed. 
    21 73 first Warp  drive made available for commercial use. Is able to achieve 6 fold compression of the space in front it. Coupled with D6 best Propulsion drives can reach 3.8 times the speed of light. 

And yes I jest noticed that the timeline is backwards for QRI Corp.
Edited by Belgath

On earth 2172 the signature Quantum entanglement singularity was discovered emanating from Mount Sinai This led to finding a ancient Space Ship of immense proportion burried there. After years of digging a QESC "Quantum Entanglement Singularity Crystal" was located that's  entanglement signature allowed a slipstream jump in 2213 to an unknown system of space. This is where the adventure will begin. 

Ruination.JPG

Edited by Belgath

Oh yes the Breast of the Void is  going to be a very scary place. The system was built by an aliens the Watchers though interaction with them will come latter. The cloud seen in the Picture is millions of discarded and destroyed ships of a number of sentient aliens. 

Just now, clarence said:

Is that star map based on true 3d coordinates? That's what it looks like to me at least...

It's fairly close approximation but I set my map isometric hexes to 2.5 light years and we should've been more close to 1 or .8 so most stuff it's twice as far away as it should be. 

Aha, I see. I use the Habcat coordinates for the star maps in Odd Soot, but I kept distances as is. With the information we have today about habitable systems, that turned out quite good as I compressed everything into a classic 2d map (the way Traveller always did it).

On a side note, I still find it amazing the number of exoplanets and potentially habitable planets they keep finding. With a good candidate for life just four lightyears away (Proxima B), we really need to send some micro-probes soon...

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

The sad thing is until we discover some way to travel FTL. It will all be out or reach. And far as our understanding of physics as of now our only real candidate is some sort of Warp Drive. I don't think my quantum singularity collisions, or traveling in the slipstream are going to Hackett?

12 minutes ago, clarence said:

Aha, I see. I use the Habcat coordinates for the star maps in Odd Soot, but I kept distances as is. With the information we have today about habitable systems, that turned out quite good as I compressed everything into a classic 2d map (the way Traveller always did it).

On a side note, I still find it amazing the number of exoplanets and potentially habitable planets they keep finding. With a good candidate for life just four lightyears away (Proxima B), we really need to send some micro-probes soon...

I set up some traveler maps but the 2-D for space just really bug me. The extra data is nice though I like to see the sun in the center more than the planet. But that being said I do have a traveler map import tool so I can edit any existing traveler sector maps if somebody would like some.

Edited by Belgath

On 10/13/2016 at 7:49 AM, Belgath said:

The sad thing is until we discover some way to travel FTL. It will all be out or reach. And far as our understanding of physics as of now our only real candidate is some sort of Warp Drive. I don't think my quantum singularity collisions, or traveling in the slipstream are going to Hackett?

Wormholes might work, for information transfer at least.

As I am building this campaign for my kids I'm going to add some more, jobs to ship to ship combat. So  they all get to participate the combat rolls I will have Pilot, Gunner's(more then one) Sensors and engineering. At the beginning of each round The player controlling sensors, and the player over engineering will Need to deside if they're gonna use there skills offensively or defensively. So the engineer could say OK I want to provide more power to thrusters if he succeeds 10%of his skill Is added to The captains piloting skill. If he where to crit 20% of his skill would augment the captains Piloting skill. The sensors skilled player de sides to go offensive and tries to weeken of bypass enemy Shields by determining their algorithmic frequency. This would be in an opposed roll against the other ships engineer. Success weapons get to bypass 2hp of enemies Shields, on a  critical they're completely bypassed. These are just some ideas but I wanted to give everybody at the table A part in combat.

I want to set things up so each job can offensively  oppose each of the  jobs on the other ship. Or defensively support one of the other jobs on their own ship. 

Any more ideas would be appreciated.  My main goal is just to make sure that up to six players will be able to affect Ship to ship combat each round. 

Edited by Belgath
  • Like 1

Well we jest started Rolling up the players. The player where all embryos Found on World terraforming ship found under Mount Sinai. And I've grown up their whole lives as an extended science experiment. QRI corp is vary leery of there experiment. But have no choice but to work with him as an of the technology found in the 8 km long terraforming ship Will function without there presence. Built into massive hangers on the tarraformer our three 500 m long intergalactic scout ships. With gean splicing of genetic material taken from the player characters QRI gotten a crue that can operate the ship without the PCs direct interaction, but the ship still not respond if the players Are not onboard. The PCs have no idea of this as every  Time they been brought to the ship it's been in a portable prison cell that has no windows. QRI has now been trying to unravel the technology, and ship functions for jest over 40 years with the use if there PC guinea pigs. But despite all this time the PC seem no older then young teenagers. The campaign will start just after QRI tryed for the first time a SlipStreem jump. The players awaken in a prison cell located in the cargo hold with the door ripped aside. Nothing but emergency lights appear to be on. To there horror died people litter  the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Well rolling the player up was fun. I always do this in three steps after the PC assign the cultural points we have an adventure, then the profession points, another venture, and then the bonus points with another adventure. The first three adventures are background story. My kids love this part has as there is no way die as is it stuff is already happened in there past making them who they are to day. 

• Like 1