My Maps and art work.

Belgath

As there was some questions asked. All the art I have shared has been my own. Using ProFantacy, Adobe Photoshop, and a number of other art programs. They are free for any one to use. And I place no restrictions on them. Also I just wanted everybody to know that I was not sharing someone else's copyrighted work. 

• Like 6

It is!  Really good work!

And it's good to have the extra resources here on BRPCentral, without stepping on the toes (copyrights) other of IP-holders.  We're getting some really good sci-fi titles out for the BRP family, but star-maps and other setting-material still lags... less so now!

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Taking some requests. If anybody has something they would like to have Drawn A Fantasy city, space ship, overland map, World overview.  No guarantees on how good or bad it would turn out but its something I enjoy doing. And it would be helpful to me. I am not there yet but I'd like to get a good enough where people would be able to use the map in publications.

How about a map of late-Roman Britain?  I've seen lots of detailed old encyclopedia Britannica type maps on the web but nothing with the same level of detail as the scanned old pages in a modern, scalable and high resolution enough format.  That would be profoundly awesome for Mythic Britain.

34 minutes ago, HeirophantX said:

How about a map of late-Roman Britain?  I've seen lots of detailed old encyclopedia Britannica type maps on the web but nothing with the same level of detail as the scanned old pages in a modern, scalable and high resolution enough format.  That would be profoundly awesome for Mythic Britain.

What stile would you want the map done in? 

4 hours ago, HeirophantX said:

A note though... No implied criticism of Loz and company and their output.  Harn and my job have ruined me for maps.  Never enough detail!  ?

Do you have the Mythic Britain Companion? It has some vary good maps. Where I can provide a different style, providing more detail would be hard as maps easily get inundated with information. Now if where to Target one particular type of information that would be something I could do. On a sidenote Britain has way too many rivers. I wonder how many old time calligraphers decided to jump off the boat to avoid having to draw another one. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal_Hidage

So I am a fan of the Midlands partly because of this complex history of being a border.  I live a mile from the River Nene, and I am surrounded by layers of towns that were Roman and then Saxon and then sometimes even Viking. Some of the bits of bog iron I pick out of my flower beds may be slag from Roman iron works.  Anyways I want to set a campaign imagining a Saxon conquest/settlement of the Nene valley and areas around the Fens.

What would be useful to depict is Roman settlements north of London and south of Lincoln (Ermine Street or the A1 if you prefer), East Anglia, and a little bit to the left, say out to Warwick.  Terrain depicted.  Tribal areas.  What do you think?  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2016 at 7:15 AM, HeirophantX said:

Are you familiar with the OS maps?

Or this one:

http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archives/view/romangl/map.html

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...

My player have been looking for a entrance to the underworld. They picked up rumors of a cave that has many dark story's told about it. All the rumors ended in the explorers never being see again. The cave is a one way portal to Monster Island,  so much for the underworld.

EntranceUnderworld.JPG

Edited by Belgath
  • Like 7

Yes put Monster Island in there. You always need a place the PC Dread. I plan to make the map interactive, so you can click on the cities to jump you to close up of that city or click on any special interest area which will link you to another map but as this is just a side project will probably a full year before it all done, but it should be pretty cool once it's finished.

• Like 2

Working on a new symbol set for some of the BoQ battle maps. As I use roll20 for my games the maps come in handy. Would Mythras inspired map sets to use with TDM published adventures, for any of the VTT's be of use to anyone? I know for my self I tend to use a lot more maps when using VTT.

IMG_4223.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

IMG_4225.PNG

• 1 month later...