Any news on the launch of the new RQ?

smiorgan

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Well the good news is that the RQ core rules is pretty much done. Jason is still making edits and adding examples (as well as adding things like character templates for folk who want to make characters quickly), and I am pretty much done with the Bestiary. Steve, Ken, Chris, Jason, and I are all working on the campaign book, and I need to finish up the Gamemaster Book. That's four books that I hope to start commissioning art for at the beginning of the year.

I like the idea of getting all the delays in before a Kickstarter commences.

Having said that I hope after the Kickstarter you give the crowdsourcing backers chance forĀ error trapping (as opposed not having our particular pet house rule in the edition!).

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Well the good news is that the RQ core rules is pretty much done...

I hit the "like" button on this post. Ā :D

Where's the "omg<lunge+scrabble>GIMME!!!" button? Ā Ā :angry:

Also -- yes *PLEASE* for early-access to aĀ draft for "error trapping" before the final galley's are approved. Ā (Dunno if you spotted the debacle over at "Shadowrun:Anarchy" regarding errors in their YUGE collection of "archetype" characters, for example;Ā but that one appears to be burning them pretty badly.)

Ā 

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

... and I am pretty much done with the Bestiary. Steve, Ken, Chris, Jason, and I are all working on the campaign book, and I need to finish up the Gamemaster Book. That's four books that I hope to start commissioning art for at the beginning of the year.

A fewĀ questions, if you don't mind...

1. Has the final format/etcĀ been decided? Ā Will there be a slipcover-case available? Ā If so, is the caseĀ for theĀ 3-book set, or all 4? Ā Or might there be different slipcovers offered? Ā Hrm... maybe a "Stretch Goal"?

2. How much of the Beastiary has gotten a pass through the independent playtesters' groups? Ā Is the "GM Book" going out (has it gone out) to playtest-GM's for additional input; at least, the relevant portions?

Ā 

C'es ne pas un .sig

The RuneQuest books will be in color hardcover books. We will do ONE limited edition slipcase for the full set of books. We will not have a variety of slipcases for different configurations of books. We need to keep complexity of bindings, slipcases, etc to a minimum.Ā 

We plan on crowdsourcing the editing of the books by making the PDFs available prior to printing the books.

• Like 8

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints -Ā Chaosium, Inc.

4 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The RuneQuest books will be in color hardcover books. We will do ONE limited edition slipcase for the full set of books. We will not have a variety of slipcases for different configurations of books. We need to keep complexity of bindings, slipcases, etc to a minimum.Ā 

We plan on crowdsourcing the editing of the books by making the PDFs available prior to printing the books.

TYVM ! Ā  Complete, concise, informative.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 11/30/2016 at 6:22 AM, simonh said:

I'll chip in on the pro-podcast side. I listen to them on the way to/from work, mostly while walking which otherwise would be dead time, so they're fantastically convenient. Also sometimes while cooking.

Simon Hibbs

yeah, I'd be sad if the podcasts stopped.Ā  I don't do "skim" I read everything and that takes time.Ā  But podcasts I can listen to while excercising, cooking, whenever.Ā  And I like hearing how Gloranthan words are pronounced.Ā  Well, except Bestiary.Ā  ;)

Ā 

22 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I thought they were already nearly done editing, and almost to art-commissioning?

49 minutes ago, styopa said:

I thought they were already nearly done editing, and almost to art-commissioning?

The core rules & BEASTiary are "pretty much done," butĀ editing is still going on...Ā  GM book & campaign book still being written:

HOWEVER -- as noted elsethread (the 13G KS "Glorantha Soucebook" thread) -- edits can be REALLY challenging on these sorts of projects, and getting fresh eyes onto a project, BEFORE going to DeadTree,Ā can only work to our ultimate advantage, here amongst the plebeian fans.

Take a look at the howls of anguish with "Shadowrun:Anarchy" & the need for another proof-reader pass. Ā The poor trollkins over there had already committed the print-run whenĀ major oversights surfaced (via informal/unofficial crowdsource); personally, I REALLY prefer hardcopy, but I also REALLY hope C/MDĀ sets up a solid methodĀ (spends a good chunk of time) letting the obsessive fanbase pore over the PDF's, before letting a single electron become a picoliter inkdrop...

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

g33k,

The cycle is simple: PDFs get released/sold, people submit edits to a forum, probably on this website, we then incorporate the edits we agree with, a few weeks laterĀ we then start the printing process.Ā 

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints -Ā Chaosium, Inc.

4 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

g33k,

The cycle is simple: PDFs get released/sold, people submit edits to a forum, probably on this website, we then incorporate the edits we agree with, a few weeks laterĀ we then start the printing process.Ā 

Coolio.Ā  Always good to know what to expect.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 30/11/2016 at 3:06 PM, Jeff said:

as well as adding things like character templates for folk who want to make characters quickly

Very good idea!

The multi-generation character backstory is great, but it's good to accommodate different play styles. Sometimes one wants to whip-up a character quickly and go straight to exploring the Big Rubble.Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

Totally agree with the above.

Whilst I preferĀ the extended life-path approach to char gen (like in Traveller rpg, etc), it's also good to have a template for a generic build char gen, or a quick char gen process. Glad to see that perhaps these templates couldĀ fill this role to some an extent.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 30/11/2016 at 3:11 PM, jongjom said:

Having said that I hope after the Kickstarter you give the crowdsourcing backers chance forĀ error trapping (as opposed not having our particular pet house rule in the edition!).

Since we're all going to do the latter anyway, it seems sensible to allow us to do the former before printing.

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

On 12/4/2016 at 6:20 AM, Mankcam said:

Totally agree with the above.

Whilst I preferĀ the extended life-path approach to char gen (like in Traveller rpg, etc), it's also good to have a template for a generic build char gen, or a quick char gen process. Glad to see that perhaps these templates couldĀ fill this role to some an extent.

I'd say such templates would be mostly appropriate for a setting/campaign book to keep the rules as portable as possible, but AFAIK the RQ-new rules will essentially be 'baked into' Dragon Pass from the start.

1 hour ago, styopa said:

I'd say such templates would be mostly appropriate for a setting/campaign book to keep the rules as portable as possible, but AFAIK the RQ-new rules will essentially be 'baked into' Dragon Pass from the start.

I'd love to see MORE templates in the Campaign/Setting contexts (including one or two for each of the "most PC'able" creatures in the BEASTiary, please!), but IMHO -- no, IMAO! -- the Core Book should have (at least some)Ā "Grab'n'Go" PC's, too!

Ā 

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/4/2016 at 2:34 AM, Jeff said:

GM is gamemaster. I've never called a GM in RuneQuestĀ anything other than a GM and see no reason to change that.

Sorry... Ā :(

My tongue appears to have been so far into my cheek it was hidden from sight...Ā Ā :wacko:

It's Eurmal's fault!

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

ItĀ will likely be a definative edition of RuneQuest, so yep, this will probably be a good versionĀ to have if you want RuneQuest in its original setting

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

9 minutes ago, Mankcam said:

ItĀ will likely be a definative edition of RuneQuest, so yep, this will probably be a good versionĀ to have if you want RuneQuest in its original setting

There will also be a Quickstart edition with an introductory scenario available long before the Kickstarter.

• Like 11

On 07/12/2016 at 5:20 AM, g33k said:

Sorry... Ā :(

My tongue appears to have been so far into my cheek it was hidden from sight...Ā Ā :wacko:

It's Eurmal's fault!

What about referees?

ć€Œå¤©ęœå¤§åœ‹ć€ļ¼Œhttps://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/92874/celestial-empireĀ  å¾ˆęœ‰ę„ę€: http://celestialempire.blogspot.com/

Guest Vile Traveller

I am very keen on the term refereeĀ as opposed to anything-master. It brings to mind the fairness and impartiality the job entails, rather than the sort of despotic rule the worst kind of campaignsĀ suffer under.

Edited by Vile