Any news on the launch of the new RQ?

smiorgan

51 minutes ago, Vile said:

I am very keen on the term referee as opposed to anything-master. It brings to mind the fairness and impartiality the job entails, rather than the sort of despotic rule the worst kind of campaigns suffer under.

Referee is immediately confrontational as it brings to mind two competing sides where the referee must make a judgement. GM is better, in my opinion. In fact, I don't use narrator, Keeper or other terms when playing other games, I use GM for them all.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

We are seriously, seriously bored and starved for news if THIS is what we're debating?

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

And that is exactly what it is going to be called.

I'll have to tell my players that if they DARE call me 'referee' or 'DM' during a play session, they risk apostasy and schism!

I don't see the point of being dogmatic on such a silly, trivial issue.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

There will be an update soon enough.

Really?  Given this fanbase of grognards, Gloranthaphiles, GloranthAgnostic RQ'philes, editional argumentarians, frothing fans, and all the rest... you really REALLY believe there can be "...an update soon enough," do you?

That's... that's simply adorable! 

Now back to the salt mines...

;) (in case it wasn't clear)

Edited by g33k
winkified
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

17 hours ago, goldenwheeldancer said:

Greg's Minions (GM)

To be a member, you have to change your shirt every hour, and if someone asks you why your shirt is different, you simply insist it really never was different, but that they were perhaps misunderstanding the shirt previously, and that how they perceive your shirt now is, in fact, correct.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, styopa said:

To be a member, you have to change your shirt every hour, and if someone asks you why your shirt is different, you simply insist it really never was different, but that they were perhaps misunderstanding the shirt previously, and that how they perceive your shirt now is, in fact, correct.

Which strikes me as how Vadel explained his explorations to Zzabur.  When you ask me why the world is different now that I've explored it, I simply insist that the world never really was different, but that perhaps you were misunderstanding the world previously and ho you perceive it now is, in fact, correct.

Then Zzabur cried "heresy!" skinned Vadel and so the wars began....

Greg's minions understood all along.

11 hours ago, Pentallion said:

Which strikes me as how Vadel explained his explorations to Zzabur.  When you ask me why the world is different now that I've explored it, I simply insist that the world never really was different, but that perhaps you were misunderstanding the world previously and ho you perceive it now is, in fact, correct.

Then Zzabur cried "heresy!" skinned Vadel and so the wars began....

Greg's minions understood all along.

Illumination, +1%

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-12-02 at 9:58 PM, Rick Meints said:

The cycle is simple: PDFs get released/sold, people submit edits to a forum, probably on this website, we then incorporate the edits we agree with, a few weeks later we then start the printing process. 

Alright!

I've got my old RQ group itching to return to Glorantha ever since i told them that a new version was in the works. I'm very much interested in early access to the core rules -- i would like to start generating characters and running some old stuff before the new stuff becomes available in the summer. 

I don't really care if you price the PDF as if it contained the Godlearner Secret or you slap some draconic NDA on it, as long as i can get it fairly immediately. I want to get started while my group is still interested...

Best,

Mikael

• 9 months later...
On 12/18/2016 at 6:01 PM, soltakss said:

Referee is immediately confrontational as it brings to mind two competing sides where the referee must make a judgement. GM is better, in my opinion. In fact, I don't use narrator, Keeper or other terms when playing other games, I use GM for them all.

To lighten up a bit: In Finnish there is this TM = tunkiomestari which translates to Midden Heap Master :-( another more frequently used is Lord of the Dungeon (Luolanherra). these come from very early days and might be campaign specific. I prefer the latter one if my playing group calls me anything even if the Dungeons are mostly left in the late 1970's