Invasion of the modern world by an evil fantasy empire

Thot

Or just nuke 'em. If the hoards really keep coming with no end in sight then nuke 'em. Personally, I don't see how the enemy could keep up morale if their front ranks are continually being mowed down, but assuming that they STILL KEEP COMING, then nukes are the way to go. Preferably on the other side of the gate. 

I think the trouble with this campaign idea is that if the Evil Empire is powerful enough and smart enough to pull this off, then they will and there is nothing the PCs can do about it (basically, it's just like Call of Cthuhlu). Which makes for a lousy campaign. On the other hand, if the EE isn't powerful and smart enough to pull it off, then they won't, and there is nothing the PCs can do about it, nor do thay need to. And that also makes for a lousy campaign. The best situation is one where the EE has the ability to pull it off, but only if they use brains and brawn correctly. That way the PCs have a chance of doing something that could affect the outcome. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

7 hours ago, soltakss said:

Cut off their supply lines and starve them to death. Carpet bomb them into submission. Let them run amok and kill some civilians then mop them up afterwards.

If the gate is two way, follow them through the gate and find out how the gates are being controlled, stop the gates from being opened, Better still, find out how the gates work and use them to gate into the Evil Empire.

The specific post you (seemed to be) replying to was my suggestion of the EvilEmpire "institutionalizing" terror/guerrilla tactics:  dropping kill-teams onto far-behind-the-lines supply-dumps, military-gear production factories, etc; also striking non-combat military sites (command&control, top-level strategy, etc); last but not least, major cities.

No "supply lines" -- just a kill-team living off the local bounty... including the people they kill; or if they're undead, they just kill until physically-destroyed, without stopping to eat, or drink, or sleep...

Can't carpet-bomb them when they're rampaging through the Pentagon, or Manhattan's downtown.

And it'd be political suicide for the gov't to "let them run amok" in major US cities...

Yeah, backtracking through a gate looks to me like the biggest opportunity.  I've gotta presume the EvilEmpire has some protocols in place to stop this from happening.  Scrying; remote gate-control; etc...

Edited by g33k
clarifying.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/16/2016 at 3:09 AM, g33k said:

Can't carpet-bomb them when they're rampaging through the Pentagon, or Manhattan's downtown.

Oh yes you can! :angry:

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here