Dark Age Cthullu/ Stupor Mundi

TRose

I should be picking up my copy of BRP tomorrow and Looking what else was available beside my old stuff and Dark age of Cthullu caught my eye and I also remember ed Reading about Stupor Mundi.

So I was thinking a Historical fantasy game might make a nice change and was wondering how well they would mesh if I bought both.

Stupor Mundi was designed for Mongoose RuneQuest, so it needs some tweaks to use with BRP, but it is not difficult to do. The differences are mainly in magic, but since you are in the d100glorantha discussion group you already have access to my list of spells that makes the MRQCore/MRQCompanion spells compatible with BRP.

Compatibility with CoC:DarkAges is just a matter of adding SAN. One of the adventures in fact involves dealing with Cultists of the Devil and a couple of monsters that could require a SAN roll.

If you want to look at a sample, the adventure "Hounds of Adranos" is free and available in the download section of this site.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

d100 glorantha discussion group?

Got a link? I'll Google it, but leaving a link might attract further attention...

I really like Stupor Mundi - historical gaming is something I've recently discovered could be enjoyable, and it was mostly due to this title.

-pax-

Emerging from my Dark Age...

BTW ,how many of you know Fredrick II was a memer of the serpent men race?

Now, that's the type of thing that puts me off buying any Dark Age Cthulhu material :(

I bought Cthulhu Hungary, expecting a semi-historical setting sort-of compatible with Stupor Mundi/Mythic Russia. What did I get? A couple of pages on medieval Hungary, a lot on Soviet era Hungary and the "fact" than Vlad the Impaler was a disciple of Cthulhu.

Disappointed? Extremely.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I bought Cthulhu Hungary, expecting a semi-historical setting sort-of compatible with Stupor Mundi/Mythic Russia. What did I get? A couple of pages on medieval Hungary, a lot on Soviet era Hungary and the "fact" than Vlad the Impaler was a disciple of Cthulhu.

Did you buy it in Bacharach? You should've skimmed through its pages first, like I did.... The result was that I didn't buy it.

One day when I have time (retirement?) I'll write the ultimate BRP supplement for mediaeval Hungary :)

Yes, I bought it at Tentacles last year. It was shrink wrapped so I didn't flick through it. But, once bitten twice shy, I won't be buying any more historical Cthulhu or any other Cthulhu in Sheep's Clothing supplements.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I won't be buying any more historical Cthulhu or any other Cthulhu in Sheep's Clothing supplements.

I've never heard of Cthulhu Hungary but (or perhaps "therefore") I submit that it is not a very good representative of historical Cthulhu products overall.

IMHO the main rulebook for Cthulhu Dark Ages by Stephane Gesbert is quite good.

Since the technology and culture between Cthulhu Dark Ages (set in Europe 1000AD) are not that different from Stupor Mundi (set in Europe 1200AD), I think that you could easily use the Cthulhu Dark Ages rules with the Stupor Mundi setting information. chain mail is chain mail I reckon.