A couple of questions

sumtara

I'll look at it this weekend, but it might be a simple glitch - it should do the special result.

In my book it says Special Attack vs. Failure/Fumble - Attack achieves

special success. Attack does full damage, plus normal damage bonus and

appropriate special result.

So, the attack does maximum weapon damage, rolled damage bonus, and

any special result (bleeding, crushing,etc.) I assume the failed/fumbled

parry/dodge improves the special attack result up to critical level damagewise,

however, a critical result ignores armor, whereas a special result does not,

even against a fumbled parry/dodge.

-V

In my book it says Special Attack vs. Failure/Fumble - Attack achieves

special success. Attack does full damage, plus normal damage bonus and

appropriate special result.

The term "full damage" crops up several times in the Attack & Defense Matrix. I've understood it to mean "the damage which that type of attack would normally do", ie not the same as "maximum damage". So, a Greatsword "full damage" would be 2D8 on a normal success, 2D8 bleeding damage on a special success, and 16 damage ignoring armor on a critical success - damage bonus in all cases rolled and added afterwards.

Maybe you could be absolutely clear by using the terms "normal damage", "special damage", and "critical damage" contextually, but you can get the appropriate info from the first sentence in the result description:

"Attack achieves special success. Attack does full damage, plus normal damage bonus and appropriate special result."

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

The term "full damage" crops up several times in the Attack & Defense Matrix. I've understood it to mean "the damage which that type of attack would normally do", ie not the same as "maximum damage". So, a Greatsword "full damage" would be 2D8 on a normal success, 2D8 bleeding damage on a special success, and 16 damage ignoring armor on a critical success - damage bonus in all cases rolled and added afterwards.

You are correct here.