Errata for revolution d100

pansophy

Hello forum,

just a few things I found in the Revolution d100 pdf.

p.45: third paragraph references to a flow chart for advanced combat. The reference is to the table shown on page 52.

p.48: Roll for Effect table, 'Attacker' and 'Defender' should be exchanged when reading the outcome

p.48: third paragraph, change 'thread' to 'threat'

p.50 (explanation): 'Effect of a Simple Conflict' refers to the Combat example on p.41 in the fourth paragraph, not to the example on p.49

p.83: Determining Resolution Points should read: "Calculate basic Resolution Points by adding up a character’s DEX and CON, and divide by two, rounding up."

[edited 15-Dec-2016]

Edited by pansophy

And #3 is not a mistake, in fact. The Sheriff did lose the conflict on the combat time scale (that is, the combat), which is not described in the example. The chase is an Adventure Time scale conflict, which he wins, but not without getting the Consequence of "He run like a coward".

Note that if the chase had not taken place, the Merrie Men could have asked for a Consequence for the losing Sheriff after the battle. In battle, Robyn & Co try to kill or capture the Sheriff, but since the Narrator, as the loser, does not wish to concede this goal he would be forced to concede something useful to replace it.

And yes, it is much easier to actually do it in practice than it is to explain :)

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 2 weeks later...

found something new:

p.83, Determining Resolution Points: "Calculate basic Resolution Points by adding up a character’s DEX and CON, and add divide by two, rounding up."

My guess: "Calculate basic Resolution Points by adding up a character’s DEX and CON, and divide by two, rounding up."

Mathematically speaking: instead of:

DEX 12 + CON 13 = 25, divide by 2 = 13, add the 25 = 38

it is:

DEX 12 + CON 13 = 25, divide by 2 = 13.

Correct?

10 hours ago, pansophy said:

found something new:

p.83, Determining Resolution Points: "Calculate basic Resolution Points by adding up a character’s DEX and CON, and add divide by two, rounding up."

My guess: "Calculate basic Resolution Points by adding up a character’s DEX and CON, and divide by two, rounding up."

Mathematically speaking: instead of:

DEX 12 + CON 13 = 25, divide by 2 = 13, add the 25 = 38

it is:

DEX 12 + CON 13 = 25, divide by 2 = 13.

Correct?

Yes. There is a rogue "add" that remained in the text after some editing intervention. One more for the errata.

10 hours ago, pansophy said:

Page 45, third paragraph references to a flow chart for advanced combat - might be me, but I cannot find it ..

The reference is to the table on page 52. Flow Chart is a technical term and was probably not the best choice. Not a mistake, technically, but it might be worth a clarification in later editions.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 1 month later...

Pg. 39: Did you mean "Aristoteles" rather than the more common "Aristotle"?  I know it's technically correct, but it might cause some confusion.

Pg. 168: "Psychic" is used instead of "Psionic" as per page 208.  Also in the powers list, the third term "psi" is used.  Obviously, all the same thing, but it might be better to avoid any potential confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

p. 214 (natural weapons), the reptile's tail has the bash effect, p. 217 (crocodile) the tail has the stunt effect and 225 (Dragon) the tail has no effect. Is that normal ?

p. 114 Aimed Blow "Damage (effect for melee, advanced for ranged)" should read "Damage (effect for melee, advantage for ranged)"

Edited by Zit

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...