Is there an official map of Furthest?

pachristian

8 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Talking with Jeff about the map was... the... furthest it got. šŸ˜Ž

Bad lordabdul, bad!

These really bad puns are dangerous and should be left for the experts, like ducks or barbarians.Ā Remember, safety first.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

45 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Bad lordabdul, bad!

These really bad puns are dangerous and should be left for the experts, like ducks or barbarians.Ā Remember, safety first.

One of these days you will have to pay the, Bill....

• Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Ā 

49 minutes ago, g33k said:

Map it out for us, Bill!

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Joerg said:

One of these days you will have to pay the, Bill....

Ā i try to protect all o ā€™ya from tha dangers pf puns in untrained handsĀ and thisĀ is tha thanx Ā I get, I am beginning to feel a little like Rodney Dangerfield and that ā€œFriendly Neighbourhood Web-Slingerā„¢Ā on JJJs bad days ā„¢"

Huh, back to tha hurt locker to wait for the next crisis.image.png.a5c92124bc13f3387c1f9da800638d24.png

4 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Ā 

Ā i try to protect all o ā€™ya from tha dangers pf puns in untrained handsĀ and thisĀ is tha thanx Ā I get, I am beginning to feel a little like Rodney Dangerfield and that ā€œFriendly Neighbourhood Web-Slingerā„¢Ā on JJJs bad days ā„¢"

Huh, back to tha hurt locker to wait for the next crisis.image.png.a5c92124bc13f3387c1f9da800638d24.png

Now you're just blowing things out of proportion!

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 weeks later...

I do have a map, but itā€™s still got room for an update. Itā€™s one that JeffĀ and I have worked on based on the original maps by Greg and the version that appeared in Tarsh in Flames. It will be available once I get my world in order.Ā 

Edited by blackyinkin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackyinkin said:

... It will be available once I get my world in order.Ā 

Are you creating a whole new game world??!?

Or just a bit of personal stuff... new job... remodeling a bathroom... rearranging a sock-drawer?

šŸ™‚

a.k.a. are we looking at SOON soon, or soon-ISH?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/27/2019 at 4:53 PM, pachristian said:

Reality check here my friend. "When I get my life in order" never happens. Life isn't meant to be "in order". Life is a crazy mess of things happening when you had other plans. There will never be a point where you will say "Now, my world is in order." This side of the grave there is always something more to do, fix, change, and get in the way.Ā 
That's just life. Accept it.Ā 

Given that we don't know anything about blackyinkin's conditions, such unsolicited life advice is potentially not very helpful.

EDIT: Used the incorrect name and missed a word.

Edited by Sir_Godspeed

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pachristian said:

I apologize for my post, and have deleted it. I have no right to get preachy on anyone.

Happens to the all of us, the best of us give into second and usually better thoughts, take responsibility and make things right. Just like good Orlanthi!Ā 

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Is there some sort of KingĀ“s Castle of Moirades and/or Pharandros in Furthest? Near it? Or where is Pharandros and Moirades usually? Is this possible KingĀ“s Castle within the walls of the city of Furhest or outside?

(I already found the answer... To answer my own question. Yes there is Royal Palace in Furthest. King Pharadros is there.)

Edited by Caras

• 4 months later...

The new revised map of Furthest is almost complete, Iā€™m just making some changes to bring it in line with the original article in Tarsh in Flames. Iā€™m also presently working with another writer to bring to life Copper Town.

One factor that delayed this work was some of the comments made on this forum. Thank to those who defended my position. At the time I was Unwell for over six months andĀ struggle to draw.

Jeff saw the new map two days ago and approved if it.

My aim would be to create an expanded gazetteer and notes to publish on JC.Ā 

For now Iā€™ll post a shot of several blocks of the city. There are 67 blocks in total, plus a large river port, Furthest outside the walls, the Field of Swords, farmlands in this piece. Every component was created by hand, by yours truly. Remember this is a tiny zoom in of a huge map.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EF988603-ABB7-4A35-8BC1-B88E79CED08A.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, blackyinkin said:

One factor that delayed this work was some of the comments made on this forum. Thank to those who defended my position. At the time I was Unwell for over six months andĀ struggle to draw.

Glad to see you better and back drawing. The idea of Simon not drawing is a very sad one indeed.

Ā 

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy.Ā 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here.Ā 

• 2 years later...

So I finally did sort that map out!

For sale now in Drivethrurpg Furthest - Crown Jewel of Tarsh. A detailed exploration of Furthest capital of Tarsh. Includes details on Tarsh, itā€™s people, itā€™s faith and heroes. Also includes cults, a bestiary, gazetteer and lots of maps. The book concludes with a scenario and includes hundreds of scenario suggestions.
Written by Simon Bray, with Nick Brooke, Chris Gidlow, Mark Galeotti and friends. Illustrated in full colour by Simon Bray, Mike O'Connor, Patricia Baker, Philip McDonnell, Juha Harju and Markku Silvenoinnen. Maps by Simon Bray.

https://tinyurl.com/2p8edjb

740BAF6D-1914-4DBC-B6DD-2095B883BFB4.jpeg

515A7D7D-E0D7-4591-8316-30B5A5AF45DE.jpeg

CF1894F3-BB6B-4E5B-910A-27BEF5B10780.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Argan Argar Atlas was clearly inaccurate. Here's the map from Dragon Pass, showing Slave Wall on the edge of the Glowline:

SlaveWallGlowline.png.656203ff407937fe82dc9955cb619305.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

The Argan Argar Atlas was clearly inaccurate. Here's the map from Dragon Pass, showing Slave Wall on the edge of the Glowline

Clearly this must be a place where the Glowline subtly shifts back and forth following the pulses of magical energy and the gestures and rituals of the Red Emperor. I like the idea that you can never quite predict whether the luminous light of the Red Goddess will fall over the city on a given night.

• Like 2

Per the Guide, the Glowline reaches its greatest extent at the end of every Wane, shrinking to its smallest in the middle. So perhaps the AAA map was more-or-less accurate for 1621, but sadly outdated by 1625? šŸ˜‰

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...