New licensed sourcebook - HARLEM UNBOUND

MOB

Check out this new Kickstarter project from our Call of Cthulhu licensee Darker Hue Studios - HARLEM UNBOUND is a unique RPG sourcebook that takes players into the exciting world of the Harlem Renaissance at its height, to face terrifying horrors from the Lovecraftian Mythos.

Chris Spivey has done a wonderful job flipping Lovecraft's views on race on their head and letting us experience the Mythos from the perspective of the residents of Harlem. Well worth your support!

http://kck.st/2hIz7Oh

cc0b56dd88c0772081560f5237c52d63_original.jpeg

• Like 2

waitWHAT?  DHS is involved in the Cthulhu line now????!?  Don't you try to tell me the acronym is "just a coincidence!"  We ALL know how likely THAT is...

o_O

Let's just say this brings a new level of squick to the whole idea of "body cavity searches."

C'es ne pas un .sig

This looks really cool. I'd back the KS campaign if I hadn't just blown my discretionary budget on "fixing the hole in my house". I hope the book and extras will be available later when my balance recovers.

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

• 4 weeks later...

Okay i backed this - I loved using Harlem and the Cotton Club scene for one or two scenarios, and I really wanted to have more stuff like that. This book could be the trick!

• Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 11 months later...

If you missed their Kickstarter, our friends at Darker Hue Studios now have their HARLEM UNBOUND licensed sourcebook available for purchase in hardcover and digital from the darker Hue online shop.

Harlem Unbound takes players into the exciting world of 1920's NYC's Harlem Renaissance at its height, to face terrifying horrors from the Lovecraftian Mythos. This groundbreaking tome gives Keepers and players everything they need to bring this unique place and time to life, and engage with the people who gave it its soul.

• 3 months later...

Our friends at Darker Hues Studios have just informed us that their licensed Call of Cthulhu supplement HARLEM UNBOUND has been acquired for the library collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Smithsonian Institution Anacostia Community Museum and The Newark Museum. These acquisitions are an acknowledgement of book's "artistic, scholarly and educational value". How cool is that?

A further cool and somewhat Lovecraftian factor is that you must go to a special collections area to request the book and have a librarian bring you a tome to read there. (We're sure they'd want a copy for the Restricted Collection at the Orne Library at Miskatonic University too...)

Harlem Unbound is available at DriveThruRPG.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Congratulations to our friends Chris Spivey and Darker Hue Studios for the Diana Jones Award nomination of Harlem Unbound, their ground-breaking Call of Cthulhu/Trail of Cthulhu sourcebook, set in 1920s Harlem.

As the nomination states, "Harlem Unbound places (issues of racism) front and center and focuses the spotlight on them until they begin to smoke and burn. It’s an important book in that it takes games as a serious art form in which such matters can be explored, plumbed, and — if we’re lucky — understood."

Harlem Unbound is available direct from Darker Hues Studios: http://bit.ly/2l6RPmz

And congratulations to all the other nominees!

attachment.php?attachmentid=98423&d=1528936522

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3