Recommendation for a short, non-railroady scenario

rsanford

Hi all,

New Keeper here playing 6th Edition CoC. Last weekend I ran The Haunting and we should complete it at the next session.  Now I am looking for the next scenario to run. With that in mind can anyone recommend a short CoC or Delta Green scenario (1 to 4 five hour sessions long) that focuses on investigation rather than fighting and which isn’t a railroad? Right now I am considering “Tell me have you seen the yellow sign” but would appreciate any suggestions especially if you let me know why you like it. Extra points if the suggestion doesn’t involve a haunted house (As we just did that). Also I prefer if the scenario is focused on the 1920s or can be adapted for the 1920s.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

Bump - Anyone have suggestions for a short, non-railroad scenario set in the twenties? I have a few recommendations from the yog-sothoth site but would like a bit more if possible.

Thanks,

Ronnie

On 12/28/2016 at 4:24 PM, rsanford said:

Bump - Anyone have suggestions for a short, non-railroad scenario set in the twenties? I have a few recommendations from the yog-sothoth site but would like a bit more if possible.

Tell me what you know - I am very interested in this as well.

Although "dungeon crawls" are considered to be rail-roads as well, I don't consider them so. Sure, neither are they not classical sandbox adventures. But still, I point out good old Mansions of Madness.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jux said:

Tell me what you know - I am very interested in this as well.

Although "dungeon crawls" are considered to be rail-roads as well, I don't consider them so. Sure, neither are they not classical sandbox adventures. But still, I point out good old Mansions of Madness.

Several have been recommended on various sites and I am still investigating but here are my favorites so far:

• Within You, Without You (Unspeakable Oath Issue 1)

• Tell Me, Have You See the Yellow Sign (Tales of the Crescent City)

• Edge of Darkness

• Daughter of Set

• The Keeper of the Woods

• Dead Light

PS - If anyone has experience with any of these I would appreciate hearing about it.

Edited by rsanford
Added a PS

4 hours ago, rsanford said:
  • Edge of Darkness

PS - If anyone has experience with any of these I would appreciate hearing about it.

I ran the Edge of Darkness for my group about a year ago. We completed it within a single 4-hour session; if I recall correctly it took something like 2 1/2 to 3 hours. It's a fairly straightforward adventure, and not really any more railroady than any other CoC scenario that I know of. The only real requirement is that every investigator must be a friend/colleague/student of a dying man. Same standard situation as many other CoC scenarios.

• Like 1