Eihort's Brood

EvilGeniusPrime

Hello everyone. I don't have my previous editions handy. I'm currently preparing a 7th ed adventure and was wondering if there is a spell to banish Eihort's brood from an investigator who has accepted "the bargain". I seem to remember one in a previous edition, but can't be sure. I don't see anything in 7e like that. 

Edited by EvilGeniusPrime
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EvilGeniusPrime said:

Hello everyone. I don't have my previous editions handy. I'm currently preparing a 7th ed adventure and was wondering if there is a spell to banish Eihort's brood from an investigator who has accepted "the bargain". I seem to remember one in a previous edition, but can't be sure. I don't see anything in 7e like that. 

Don't be afraid to take lore from the past editions, it is the story that is important.  Whatever moves the story along best.  So go and pry through musty tomes from the past until you find what you seek.  I have always shied away from using Eihort because of "the bargain"; it's a bit too "Adult Content" even for some adults I know. (The writer descended into a vile rant of frustration and expletives at this point) :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darius West said:

I have always shied away from using Eihort because of "the bargain"; it's a bit too "Adult Content" even for some adults I know. 

If Eihort's Brood makes you and your adults too squeamish then you'll probably want to avoid the Daughters of Atlach-Nacha. There's a Delta Green "shotgun scenario" that includes the unwilling transformation of a D-AN, and it isn't pleasant. Made for a great session, though, for my group.

Edited by K Peterson
  • Like 1

My group isn't squeamish, thankfully. Although I played a character who made the bargain once. The GM just glossed over the whole thing. Which to me, made if feel less horrific. I've never read the source material by Ramsey Campbell though. So even I don't know the mechanics of brood implantation. The imagination conjures horrible imagery though. LOL!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EvilGeniusPrime said:

My group isn't squeamish, thankfully. Although I played a character who made the bargain once. The GM just glossed over the whole thing. Which to me, made if feel less horrific. I've never read the source material by Ramsey Campbell though. So even I don't know the mechanics of brood implantation. The imagination conjures horrible imagery though. LOL!

Just remember that you might be setting your crew up for one of the most perverse party wipes ever.  Death by mass alien deity impregnation.  Memorable, but a bit rapey.