Cults of Prax and Cults of Terror PDFs now available at Chaosium.com

MOB

CULTS OF PRAX and CULTS OF TERROR - these two game-changing (we mean this literally!) RPG supplements for RuneQuest Classic are both now available for purchase by download at Chaosium.com.

And if you buy the PDFs now, you'll get a discount on the printed books when they become available for sale at our webstore later this year.

http://www.chaosium.com/runequest

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 6.52.55 pm.png

• Like 2

Guest Vile Traveller

I see the combined front & back CoT covers are up on Redbubble, but is there any chance of removing the back cover blurb? It would make for a much nicer graphic.

2 hours ago, Vile said:

I see the combined front & back CoT covers are up on Redbubble, but is there any chance of removing the back cover blurb? It would make for a much nicer graphic.

A no-text version of the Cults of Terror cover would be awesome but unfortunately we don't have those publication rights to do that for this particular artwork.

This is awesome. Cults of Terror was the very first sourcebook that I bought for RQII back in the day. I've still got that copy sitting in the bookshelf next to my desk. As a kickstarter backer, I'm delighted to see each of these books resurrected in this format and hope that we'll see more of the Chaosium back catalogue in this form once all of the work associated with the current kickstarter is done. 

The thing that held me back with these two titles is that I already have the Cult Compendium. When the backer kit came up, I was looking for titles I didn't have - like Trollpack. 

Having said that, and now that they are just a click away, is there a compelling reason why I should get the individual Cult books? Or have I literally already got them? I'm considering getting the physical copies later in the year anyway.

Edited by TrippyHippy

6 minutes ago, TrippyHippy said:

Having said that, and now that they are just a click away, is there a compelling reason why I should get the individual Cult books? Or have I literally already got them? I'm considering getting the physical copies later in the year anyway.

It is interesting to see what they looked like as stand-alone products. Cult Compendium pulled somethings in from other sources and updated the cults, so they are different from the original supplements. If you are not interested in the changes, then Cult Compendium contains all of Cults of terror and Cults of prax and then a lot more.

If you don't have Cult Compendium as a PDF then the PDFs of the two supplements are worth having.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I've just downloaded Cults of Prax and Cults of Terror and they are looking good.

One thing I have noticed is that SnakePipe Hollow had three covers included, for the various printings, but Cults of prax has the original cover and the other cover as an appendix in the back. It would have been nice to have the alternative cover as a full page cover, in the same way as SnakePipe Hollow.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Guest Vile Traveller
2 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Having said that, and now that they are just a click away, is there a compelling reason why I should get the individual Cult books?

Always good to get the PDFs and crowd-check for typos before the Chaosium goes to print.

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2018 at 5:23 PM, CitizenK2 said:

Is there any ETA on when the cult books will be available in print? I'm not in any rush to get them that way, but the "buy now and get a coupon for print later" certainly made it sound like it was a concrete plan! :-)

5 hours ago, Falconer said:

Not to mention that the suggestion that you could eventually buy a shiny new complete RQ2 collection was a major incentive for supporting the kickstarter and buying the core book in the first place.

I believe that the Cult PDF's are awaiting a certain degree of proof'ing (with only a moderate priority now that they've got the basic PDF product done & available; more effort is going to making the rest of the PDFs ready than on improving the ones already released; or so I understand).

I seem to recall some mention (but may be mistaken; or plans may have changed since this was bruited) of holding a BUNCH of (the rest of?) the Stretch Goal PDF's for a single large order.

TL/DR:  I suspect that any "ETA" provided (at this point) wouldn't be an "Estimated Time" but a "Guesstimated Time."

Of course, I'd be delighted to be mistaken, and have Someone Official swoop in to inform us that "Products X & Y are at the printers, product W is on hold pending a better scan of the artwork that showed poorly in galleys, and product Z will be going to the printers as soon as W, X, & Y are not taking up all our time."    Shocked, but delighted!  :D

C'es ne pas un .sig