Classic Fantasy Greymoor

Belgath

Yes, there is a map and information, but nothing released yet.

Greymoor will be fully detailed in the Unearthed Companion, plus you will be getting glimpses of it in the upcoming adventures, as I worked with each writer to make sure the adventure fit in Greymoor, while remaining as setting neutral as possible.

Rod

• Like 10

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Well, as I'm the only writer working on the Companion, its a prison of my own devising. I do have a number of playtesters however, and they are all under the affects of an Intensity 8 Mass Charm spell. They really think they enjoy re-reading the same chapter every time I rewrite it. :)

Rod

• Like 6

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

• 4 months later...
On 1/6/2017 at 0:25 AM, threedeesix said:

Yes, there is a map and information, but nothing released yet.

Greymoor will be fully detailed in the Unearthed Companion, plus you will be getting glimpses of it in the upcoming adventures, as I worked with each writer to make sure the adventure fit in Greymoor, while remaining as setting neutral as possible.

Rod

I'm new to Mythras and have bought the classic fantasy, expert set and Ettin marsh module. I used to love the flavour of AD&D many years ago and when I read about classic fantasy I was sold. After going through the books the nostalgia hit me and am looking forward to anything related that comes out. The Ettin marsh module is classic AD&D for me and I love it. I remember for me the old UK modules where the best, more realism with a bit of grit.

For me it captures the original spirit of the game but with a far better rule set. The Mythras combat system and character creation is extremely well done and when you put classic fantasy next to it, it is the ultimate RPG for me. Well done for everyone involved. Is there a module coming out every month for classic fantasy I heard? Or am I mistaken. 

• Like 2

There will be a release each month for the Mythras system in general, but not every one will be a Classic Fantasy product, as I understand.

• Like 1

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

We have a further three Classic Fantasy modules lined-up (one of which is an extension to Terror of Ettinmarsh, set around Moonspike Tower), and the Monthly Scenario for June will be 'N1 - These Violent Delights', again for Classic Fantasy. We'll then stagger the remainder over the year.

So lots to come while Rod is locked in his self devised tower, slaving over the Unearthed Companion (which was all his idea anyway)... :)

• Like 7

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Fantastic stuff. I will snap them up as they come out. Will be like starting my role playing career all over again. I'm sure in unearthed companion we will find plenty of excellent material too. I am secretly hoping for a detailed map in Greymoor much like the ones ICE used in their MERP modules. The small map in terror of Ettinmoor had some good detail. Maybe too much to ask, I'm sure Mr Leary has more than enough on his plate.  :P

12 hours ago, threedeesix said:

You can definitely expect a detailed map of Greymoor and the surrounding kingdoms and territories. I've been playing my campaigns in Greymoor for more then 20 years.

Rod

Ok, monthly modules, new information on CF and a detailed map of the Greymoor. The news just keeps getting better. Cheers Rod.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking about the World of Greymoor, I assume the majority of the characters would be based on Classic Fantasy within the world, but would there be any characters based on Mythras like Shamans etc that populate Greymoor? The books are so compatible I thought I would ask, cheers. 

Not 'officially'.

I would like to keep the full Mythras rules optional and allow players to be able to play Classic Fantasy with only Mythras Imperative as the bare minimum. Adding Shamans and such would change that dynamic, requiring the purchase of another book. However, as you said, the books are very compatible, and there is no reason the Mythras spell casters cant be in your own personal Greymoor. 

Rod

• Like 4

Just purchased these violent delights, unable to get the PDF as yet. I was wondering (yet again) if in Greymoor will there exist any factions of Demi humans such as dwarf cities and elven wooded realms, hobbit shires and the like? I hope this is the right area to be asking  these questions. Also, would there be a possibility of an epic module along the lines of the temple of elemental evil in any future undertakings? 

Apologies if I ask so many questions but I'm really quite stoked that classic fantasy has come along and really enjoy the flavour of it, it takes me back to the good old days of role playing for me.  :)

No problem D100, and yes, any Greymoor questions may be asked right here.

There are small demi-human settlements all over the world, as well as one or more major demi-human kingdoms for all the major contenders.

• The Iron Kingdom is a large range of mountains and a dwarven realm. It can be seen on the map included in Violent Delights to the East.
  • The Kingdom of Lorendel is all elves and other sylvan races, and can be seen on the map to the South.
  • South Borough is a small Halfling domain. It can be seen on the map to the North.

The following areas are not detailed on the Violent Delights map.

• North Borough is another small halfling realm, a short distance north of South Borough.
  • Thunder Peaks is a northern kingdom of dwarves with a more Viking like nature. These are off the map.
  • The Spider Wald is a dark forest infested with giant arachnids, dark elves, and other nasty creatures. It is littered with the ruins of fallen elven kingdoms, and has many entrances to the darkness of the Underdeep.
  • Ravenholm is another dark forest ruled over by vampires and other nefarious undead.
  • The Broken Lands are a vast area of volcanic devastation to the North East, and an area of chaos and barbarism, ruled over by numerous orc and goblin tribes.
  • The Orc Blight Mountains were a once great dwarven realm now overrun and infested with orcs and goblins in the upper areas, and creatures that have crawled up from the Underdeep in the lower levels.
  • That covers some of the territory detailed on my map, with various areas being detailed in upcoming Classic Fantasy adventure modules, and a more detailed treatment to be included in the Unearthed Companion.

Rod

Edited by threedeesix
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, D100 said:

Also, would there be a possibility of an epic module along the lines of the temple of elemental evil in any future undertakings? 

Yes, there is something being planned for down the road that covers exactly that. For a hint, every great classic fantasy setting has a vast dungeon type adventure on the lines of Forgotten Realm's Undermountain, the ruins beneath Castle Greyhawk, and even Moria from LotR.

Greymoor will be no different. But that's still a long ways off.

Rod

• Like 2

Thanks Rod, it certainly sounds like you have everything covered in regards to Greymoor. I look forward to getting the violent delights module to check out the map as described. Great news that there are plans for a vast dungeon area too. Things are looking promising indeed. 

Cheers Mark.

3 hours ago, Jigawatts said:

Rod, given what I assume is the juxtaposed inspiration for the setting name, is there also a brotherhood/guild in Greymoor called The Blackhawks? I think that would be particularly fitting and cool.

Well there will be now. ;)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, threedeesix said:

Well there will be now. ;)

Awesome :D

I'm sure you will take that idea and run with it, but my conjured mental image was basically a do-gooder origination, also with a side mission of recovering and utilizing magical items of power in their deeds (a great reasoning for dungeon delving), magic shouldn't be hidden away, it should be used by the people for the betterment of all, and whatnot. The Blackhawks of coarse have two founding fathers who created the guild and led them in their early years, who's accomplishments are still heralded to this day.

Feel free to use any or none of that. :)

• Like 1

What about a magazine like the old white dwarf? Focusing on the Classic fantasy and Mythras RPG's. Just a thought. I used to love that magazine, sitting in my mates sleepout, staring at the pages in young wonder, while my freind made up an AD&D adventure. Ah the good old days

IMG_0661.thumb.PNG.95961b3ed0fbb8b6a6df4a7a3654d3ed.PNG

Edited by D100
  • Like 2

Just some more questions about Blackmoor... will there be any detailed groups of barbarian and or Orc tribes? Way of life, rules on hunting, gathering fishing etc? And will there be details about the local Flora and Fauna, gatherable herbs etc. They had guidelines like this in Harnmaster which I found interesting but maybe some people find them unnecessary. 

Edited by D100