Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Runeblogger

A Review of Revolution d100

Recommended Posts

Runeblogger    86

Hi,

I've written a review of this ruleset in my runeblog. You can read it here.
Although it's in Spanish, you can still translate it into your language using the Translation tool on the right margin (scroll down a little).

I hope I haven't made any mistake or misunderstood anything. If you find anything that needs correcting, I'd appreciate you giving me a heads-up.
All in all, I like this system (good thing I backed it). I still have to run it, and I think I won't use the rules for armour coverage, for instance, but I'm looking forward to try out conflicts.

;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORtrail    25

Always good to get a review from someone who is familiar with the product. Thanks for making the effort to write all that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mankcam    984

Excellent review

I already have the pdf via crowd funding, but never really get into these things too much unless I am holding the printed book in my hands. I quite like how the system, in it's basic form, seems to be similar to OpenQuest, but has bolt-on optional rules which can make it play about the same complexity as Mythras. Yet it is quite distinct from both, and does also have some very modern tweaks to the rule set.

This review is quite good, and now I'm eagerly waiting for the printed book to be delivered so I can take a better look. Revolution D100 could easily end up being my 'go-to' generic system, kinda a new version of what the BRP BGB represented to me.

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Runeblogger    86
16 hours ago, Mankcam said:

This review is quite good, and now I'm eagerly waiting for the printed book to be delivered so I can take a better look. Revolution D100 could easily end up being my 'go-to' generic system, kinda a new version of what the BRP BGB represented to me.

Yes, very much my thoughts. I think the author of Revolution d100 has had the advantage of refining Mythras, but it has also added to it concepts that Mythras was lacking if you want to play with a more modern ruleset. I'm looking forward to running it.

thanks for reading!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RosenMcStern    676
On 7/3/2017 at 2:41 AM, Mankcam said:

 I quite like how the system, in it's basic form, seems to be similar to OpenQuest, but has bolt-on optional rules which can make it play about the same complexity as Mythras.

Yep, you got the idea. The intention was to give you an opportunity to span from "slightly lighter than OpenQuest" to "slightly crunchier than Mythras" with the same ruleset. Or any combination in-between.

22 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

Yes, very much my thoughts. I think the author of Revolution d100 has had the advantage of refining Mythras

More precisely, "building upon concepts that Newt, Jason, Loz or Peter had already introduced with different approaches". Many ideas, if you look closely, were already there, but sometimes not fully developed. Most (though not all) innovations are just "enhancements of existing concepts".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×