My BLUEHOLME™ Project

Guest Vile Traveller

Guest Vile Traveller

Some of you may be aware that I've been rather preoccupied with my BLUEHOLME™ retroclone for the past few years, which has kept me from really digging into my D100 project, the AEON:engine™ system. The BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules are an attempt to emulate the Holmes Basic Rules, which were the introduction to RPGs for tens of thousands of people back in the late seventies, but, oddly, remain an often neglected stepchild of the "world's most popular tabletop role-playing game" family. The editor, Dr John Eric Holmes, had an interesting take on the game which gave his campaigns a rather quirky flavour - and that's what BLUEHOLME™ attempts to capture. Examples include rules allowing players to create characters of any type of species from the creature chapter; unique rules which do not appear in other editions (e.g. magic scroll creation, DEX-based initiative, 5-point alignmnet); creatures taken from Dr Holmes's own campaigns like the dreenoi (used with permission).

You might wonder why I'm posting about this here on this board. Well, I'm about to launch a Kickstarter to fund the interior artwork for the BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules, which means that particular project will fade into the background and the AEON:engine™ will slip into gear, starting with the basic AEON:core™ rules. So, it's in everyone's interest to get this baby funded a.s.a.p. so I can get back to the core business of BRP Central. ;)

You can see the preview of the campaign here, and leave comments if you think it's crap (I mean that, this is my first Kickstarter and I'll take any advice I can get).

Edited by Vile

Guest Vile Traveller
1 hour ago, Trifletraxor said:

Link to the Kickstarter!

Weird, I did link to the preview, but it wasn't showing when looking at the forum. So I added the link again, then it showed up twice. This preview link seems a bit twitchy on several forums. In case it disappears again, here it is in text form: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/861386488/2084173790?token=ef230e3e

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vile Traveller

Right, the Kickstarter is live and running! I would really appreciate any help you good folk could give it, even if it's just a passing mention to a friend. We need to get food on those artists' tables, you know. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only eight hours to go Michael. I'm off to bed, but when I get up tomorrow, it will be over. Congratz on a successful Kickstarter, now get me my copy. ;-)

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Guest Vile Traveller

Thanks, Rod. It was an interesting experience, and so far it looks like a success. Now to start harassing those artists ... ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest Vile Traveller

The first of the stretch goals has gone out to the backers: six illustrated character sheets - cleric, fighter, magic-user, thief, fighting mage, and generic. If you missed the Kickstarter, you can nab high-res printable copies off DTRPG.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218957/BLUEHOLMETM-Character-Records

218957.jpg

Edited by Vile

• 4 months later...
Guest Vile Traveller

You might have missed the Kickstarter campaign, but now you can get the BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules direct from Lulu. And, if you get in there before 23:59 on 25 December, you can get 20% off with the code LULU20.   :D

BLUEHOLME - Journeymanne (Andy's copy) 2.JPG