Site News & Feedback

Trifletraxor

Had some down-time the other day as our forum-software was upgraded to the latest version. A fatal error during upgrade caused the site to go offline for some hours, but with prompt help from the support crew we came online again. Please report if you encounter any strange behavior from the site after the upgrade!

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 9 months later...

Suggestion: Make the Core Rune Font and Columbus (or Christoforo) available in the forum editor. Some other old-time or ancient looking typefaces might be nice as well. If the ones in current branding are to expensive to use this way, free ones with similar feel would still be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 5:35 PM, JonL said:

Suggestion: Make the Core Rune Font and Columbus (or Christoforo) available in the forum editor. Some other old-time or ancient looking typefaces might be nice as well. If the ones in current branding are to expensive to use this way, free ones with similar feel would still be nice.

This is unfortunately beyond my skill level. 

On 7/12/2018 at 12:16 PM, PhilHibbs said:

Is there any way to make a link that will continue to work if a forum thread is renamed? The link contains a number, e.g. 5941 for this thread, but also the thread title, which can be changed thus breaking the link.

Not as far as I know. Using the SEO friendly URLs make the threads more visible on a search, but breaks links if the thread is renamed. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 11:16 AM, PhilHibbs said:

Is there any way to make a link that will continue to work if a forum thread is renamed? The link contains a number, e.g. 5941 for this thread, but also the thread title, which can be changed thus breaking the link.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:00 PM, Trifletraxor said:

Not as far as I know. Using the SEO friendly URLs make the threads more visible on a search, but breaks links if the thread is renamed. 

This appears to be working now! Whatever comes after the thread ID is ignored, and the link forwards to the latest thread name. Maybe this was fixed by a forum software update after I tried it and found it not working.

I've found a problem with the forum - I pasted an image into a post by mistake. and it seems to be impossible to remove it! I can edit the post, delete the image, but it still shows after I have saved.

Any suggestions how I can remove the second, big image that is a full desktop screenshot? Or can an admin delete the whole post and I will re-post it?

Ah, I found the "delete" option, it was camouflaged against the image. Problem solved, sorry!

Edited by PhilHibbs

On 10/11/2018 at 10:28 AM, Brootse said:

Please increase the maximum number of possible 'likes' per day. Some days the good posts pile up high :)

Upped! 

On 10/17/2018 at 3:21 PM, PhilHibbs said:

This appears to be working now! Whatever comes after the thread ID is ignored, and the link forwards to the latest thread name. Maybe this was fixed by a forum software update after I tried it and found it not working.

That's actually an excellent update! :)

• Like 1

I was wondering - how do you most efficiently quote posts from different pages to put in the same post? I have this issue, that if I quote post from page 1, it goes into my text box, then I switch pages to another one to quote another, and the first one is gone.

With another text editor I would've just copied the raw text and been fine, but I can't figure out how to get to the raw text. 😕

I also want to avoid multiposting as far as possible.

1 hour ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

I was wondering - how do you most efficiently quote posts from different pages to put in the same post? I have this issue, that if I quote post from page 1, it goes into my text box, then I switch pages to another one to quote another, and the first one is gone.

With another text editor I would've just copied the raw text and been fine, but I can't figure out how to get to the raw text. 😕

I also want to avoid multiposting as far as possible.

There is a plus button next to the "Quote" link at the bottom of each post which allows you to collect the messages you want to quote, which you can crop and separate then.

Another possibility is just to reply to one quote, then scroll up to the next message you want to quote with the browser window sidebar (not the editor window sidebar) and click quote for the message you want to include.

It is also possible to mark a section of the text you want to quote (e.g. to create nested quotes if you want to comment on a thread rather than on a single comment) and then press "quote" in the little box appearing below the selected text.

If the comments you want to multi-quote are spread over several pages, you can just work up one page of comments, then select and copy all of your editor content, switch to the next page, paste the previous editor content and continue as described above.

If you work with an external editor, the quotations are likely to lose their format.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

33 minutes ago, Trifletraxor said:

Major software update just completed. Please report if you find any bugs! 

Well, I am sure that when I went to bed last night that I was green and now I seem to be in the pink, Could that be what you are talking about. And all this time I thought it was the troll drinks. 

If you could good sir, I would love to be my usual sickly shade of green, all this healthy pink is scaring me.

It's not easy being green!
Kermit the barbarian

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Seems we've lost the description of the "Next unread topic". There is a particular thread title that I look out for, which was a useful indicator to me that I had come to the end of the new posts in the RuneQuest forum. Not a major problem.

Oh, and Bill, I guess the upgrade has just rerolled the dice for the colour. You could always just set yourself a profile picture.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:49 AM, Simlasa said:

Now that it is out, commercially available, and getting further support, could Delta Green be moved out of 'Upcoming Games'?
Given its own forum under "D100 Family'?

Done.