Jump to content
Trifletraxor

Site News & Feedback

Recommended Posts

On 4/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

 

Well, I am sure that when I went to bed last night that I was green and now I seem to be in the pink, Could that be what you are talking about. And all this time I thought it was the troll drinks. 

If you could good sir, I would love to be my usual sickly shade of green, all this healthy pink is scaring me.

It's not easy being green!
Kermit the barbarian

Some guy on another job is mister Green. You're mister Pink!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 7:45 PM, David Scott said:

I lost my Gravitar...

 

Unless everyone lost their Gravitar support won't do much about it. Reupload! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting this intermittently:

[[Template forums/front/forums/forumTable is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

 

Well, I am sure that when I went to bed last night that I was green and now I seem to be in the pink, Could that be what you are talking about. And all this time I thought it was the troll drinks. 

If you could good sir, I would love to be my usual sickly shade of green, all this healthy pink is scaring me.

It's not easy being green!
Kermit the barbarian

Not green any more, either. Which isn't that much of a tragedy for me since I googled for "define:munchkinnery" and found my J on green as one of the top ranking images associated with that term. In that light the sickly greenish gold I am sporting now is an improvement.

Edit: Now it is a very nice blue. That's a real improvement. Let's see how long that holds.

Edited by Joerg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Getting this intermittently:

[[Template forums/front/forums/forumTable is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks. Seems like there something wrong with data storage. Have contacted support about it now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Trifletraxor said:

@Kloster Could you try to reupload your avatar Kloster? Looks like the forum software has eaten the previous one. 

Done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New privacy policy in place to keep the hive GDPR compliant! 

Facebook login app has been disabled/deleted. If you registered using the Facebook app before it malfunctioned and have problems login in afterwards, please shoot me a message using the Contact Us form and I'll sort it out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some forums have a feature where there is a button under posters' av that can be clicked to show all their posts in the thread you're reading. Would it be possible to get that feature in here too?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Some forums have a feature where there is a button under posters' av that can be clicked to show all their posts in the thread you're reading. Would it be possible to get that feature in here too?

And Brootse, seeing as you ar already familiar with this little trick what say you to featuring how to pull off this site magic in the Forum Tricks - Its Magic Innit thread here in the Inn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

And Brootse, seeing as you ar already familiar with this little trick what say you to featuring how to pull off this site magic in the Forum Tricks - Its Magic Innit thread here in the Inn?

I think that it's done with a PHP function, so it needs to be coded. If you move your pointer on the arrow at the top right corner of a quote, you'll see the command that's passed to the server, ie. find the correct post in the correct thread. And if you move your pointer over someone's av, you'll see their user id. Using the thread and user ids you could make a button that shows a specific users posts in a specific thread. Most of the threads here are quite short, but there have been a few times when I've wanted to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Would it be possible to get Rune smilies/emojis?

As one who uses old skool asci emoji’s exclusilvy I hate the modern “😀“ with a passion. Make mine “”:)” all the way, “Nuff said! But the evil demonic fillthy braineating toadsucking so called spl chkr prgm forces the issue like this: :) I did not choose that offensive smiling buffoon to the left this sentence,  it was summoned in some foul (not fowl, drululz lovers) eldritch ritual. It followed me here!

Bring on the new skool roon emojis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

As one who uses old skool asci emoji’s exclusilvy I hate the modern “😀“ with a passion. Make mine “”:)” all the way, “Nuff said! But the evil demonic fillthy braineating toadsucking so called spl chkr prgm forces the issue like this: :) I did not choose that offensive smiling buffoon to the left this sentence,  it was summoned in some foul (not fowl, drululz lovers) eldritch ritual. It followed me here!

Bring on the new skool roon emojis!

: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, Brootse said:

Would it be possible to get Rune smilies/emojis?

The Magic Innit thread shows you how to put Runes into a post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having problems editing posts on a mobile device. Specifically, it seems impossible to delete a quote once you've inserted it. You can remove content from within the quote, to the point where it is empty, but that box is there for ever, or until you remember to get back to it on a regular browser.

Same seems to apply to emojis and URL preview boxes.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I think I have a login on the forum software producer's site, I might ask there when I get back from my hols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

I'm having problems editing posts on a mobile device. Specifically, it seems impossible to delete a quote once you've inserted it. You can remove content from within the quote, to the point where it is empty, but that box is there for ever, or until you remember to get back to it on a regular browser.

Same seems to apply to emojis and URL preview boxes.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I think I have a login on the forum software producer's site, I might ask there when I get back from my hols.

Can you edit posts made on your mobile devices later on on a regular computer?

This is a real question - I found myself unable to edit some of my own posts after a while, whereas I was able to insert corrections to necroed posts at other times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joerg said:

This is a real question - I found myself unable to edit some of my own posts after a while, whereas I was able to insert corrections to necroed posts at other times.

There seems to be a best before date on the ability to edit post, Joerg. After enough time has past, editing is not possible (I am guessing on all medias), and I guess this has something to do with storage.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Joerg said:

Can you edit posts made on your mobile devices later on on a regular computer?

Yes, it's just a restriction of the mobile site, or maybe mobile Chrome browser. Maybe it's just that the mobile keyboard had no Delete button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...