Site News & Feedback

Trifletraxor

On 4/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Well, I am sure that when I went to bed last night that I was green and now I seem to be in the pink, Could that be what you are talking about. And all this time I thought it was the troll drinks. 

If you could good sir, I would love to be my usual sickly shade of green, all this healthy pink is scaring me.

It's not easy being green!
Kermit the barbarian

Some guy on another job is mister Green. You're mister Pink!

• Haha 1

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Well, I am sure that when I went to bed last night that I was green and now I seem to be in the pink, Could that be what you are talking about. And all this time I thought it was the troll drinks. 

If you could good sir, I would love to be my usual sickly shade of green, all this healthy pink is scaring me.

It's not easy being green!
Kermit the barbarian

Not green any more, either. Which isn't that much of a tragedy for me since I googled for "define:munchkinnery" and found my J on green as one of the top ranking images associated with that term. In that light the sickly greenish gold I am sporting now is an improvement.

Edit: Now it is a very nice blue. That's a real improvement. Let's see how long that holds.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

37 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Getting this intermittently:

[[Template forums/front/forums/forumTable is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks. Seems like there something wrong with data storage. Have contacted support about it now. 

• 2 weeks later...

New privacy policy in place to keep the hive GDPR compliant! 

Facebook login app has been disabled/deleted. If you registered using the Facebook app before it malfunctioned and have problems login in afterwards, please shoot me a message using the Contact Us form and I'll sort it out. 

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Some forums have a feature where there is a button under posters' av that can be clicked to show all their posts in the thread you're reading. Would it be possible to get that feature in here too?

And Brootse, seeing as you ar already familiar with this little trick what say you to featuring how to pull off this site magic in the Forum Tricks - Its Magic Innit thread here in the Inn?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

6 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

And Brootse, seeing as you ar already familiar with this little trick what say you to featuring how to pull off this site magic in the Forum Tricks - Its Magic Innit thread here in the Inn?

I think that it's done with a PHP function, so it needs to be coded. If you move your pointer on the arrow at the top right corner of a quote, you'll see the command that's passed to the server, ie. find the correct post in the correct thread. And if you move your pointer over someone's av, you'll see their user id. Using the thread and user ids you could make a button that shows a specific users posts in a specific thread. Most of the threads here are quite short, but there have been a few times when I've wanted to use it.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Would it be possible to get Rune smilies/emojis?

As one who uses old skool asci emoji’s exclusilvy I hate the modern “😀“ with a passion. Make mine “”:)” all the way, “Nuff said! But the evil demonic fillthy braineating toadsucking so called spl chkr prgm forces the issue like this: :) I did not choose that offensive smiling buffoon to the left this sentence,  it was summoned in some foul (not fowl, drululz lovers) eldritch ritual. It followed me here!

Bring on the new skool roon emojis!

12 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

As one who uses old skool asci emoji’s exclusilvy I hate the modern “😀“ with a passion. Make mine “”:)” all the way, “Nuff said! But the evil demonic fillthy braineating toadsucking so called spl chkr prgm forces the issue like this: :) I did not choose that offensive smiling buffoon to the left this sentence,  it was summoned in some foul (not fowl, drululz lovers) eldritch ritual. It followed me here!

Bring on the new skool roon emojis!

: )

On 9/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, Brootse said:

Would it be possible to get Rune smilies/emojis?

The Magic Innit thread shows you how to put Runes into a post.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having problems editing posts on a mobile device. Specifically, it seems impossible to delete a quote once you've inserted it. You can remove content from within the quote, to the point where it is empty, but that box is there for ever, or until you remember to get back to it on a regular browser.

Same seems to apply to emojis and URL preview boxes.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I think I have a login on the forum software producer's site, I might ask there when I get back from my hols.

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

I'm having problems editing posts on a mobile device. Specifically, it seems impossible to delete a quote once you've inserted it. You can remove content from within the quote, to the point where it is empty, but that box is there for ever, or until you remember to get back to it on a regular browser.

Same seems to apply to emojis and URL preview boxes.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I think I have a login on the forum software producer's site, I might ask there when I get back from my hols.

Can you edit posts made on your mobile devices later on on a regular computer?

This is a real question - I found myself unable to edit some of my own posts after a while, whereas I was able to insert corrections to necroed posts at other times.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, Joerg said:

This is a real question - I found myself unable to edit some of my own posts after a while, whereas I was able to insert corrections to necroed posts at other times.

There seems to be a best before date on the ability to edit post, Joerg. After enough time has past, editing is not possible (I am guessing on all medias), and I guess this has something to do with storage.

Cheers

• 10 months later...

I'd like to suggest adding an LFG subforum for BRP and Chaosium-family games.  (Looking for group, looking for players.)  Examples on: reddit, rpg.net, enworld, Design Mechanismpeginc.

There's more online gaming now and a lot of games are advertised in more than one place.  I wouldn't expect a forum here to get a ton of traffic, but every outlet helps since BRP is a bit niche.  Seems like good business to me.

I'd add a top-level forum and make it prominent, placing it just above or below the Cult of Chaos forum, for example.  For comparison, I don't remember ever noticing the Alastor's Skull Inn forum before today.

Edited by Roko Joko

What really happened?  The only way to discover that is to experience it yourself.

5 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Woah, site looks different! Was there an announcement thread for this? 

There wasn't that I saw.

I did notice mention of an upcoming upgrade that would be hoped to fix a site-search function (in the thread where it was reported broken; which, come to think of it... <exeunt, stage elsethread>).

C'es ne pas un .sig