Running RQ demo games / FreeRPG day or later

styopa

On 4/1/2017 at 1:49 PM, MOB said:

You can run it in public on Roll20, Twitch TV or whatever as well, all from the comfort of your home...

Can you send me the pdf?  My local FLGS isn't running FreeRPG day and neither is the big store in Lacey.  But I would like to run it on Discordia and Roll20.  How do I get the pdf from you guys?

Free RPG Day is an event and the adventures are distributed to the participating GM's with enough lead time to prepare. 

I would guess that the Runquest adventure will hit the Cult about the same time so they don't spoil the event.

This year it is 17 June.  I run in it most years and we usually get our material 1 to 2 weeks in advance depending when the FLGS gets them. 

Edited by Spence

21 hours ago, Spence said:

How many PC's does the adventure support? I'll be running it at my FLGS and I want to avoid the too many signed up issue.

IIRC, the quickstart comes with 5 pre-gen's.

Once, I saw someone say there would be a sixth available online for download, suitable for running in the Quickstart; I don't know if that was an "official" statement or more an under-consideration idea...

But I've always found it relatively easy to add a PC or two, and bump up the opponents a bit, for any pre-gen.  The only issue is whether you can reverse-engineer the character-creation process adequately to create genuinely-comparable PC's.  I expect that this will be do-able (close enough) for simple changes -- just skill-swap the Orlanthi skills & runes for Babeester Gor, or what-have-you...

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

7 hours ago, Dimbyd said:

Cult of Chaos members will get access to the PDF a week beforehand. I'm sure the precise hows and whens will be circulated in due course.

Cult of Chaos members who are running the adventure somewhere* on the Free RPG Day weekend will receive the PDF beforehand. If you're interested in doing so, get in touch with Todd, our OP Director: todd@chaosium.com.

NB your FLGS doesn't necessarily have to be taking part in the Free RPG Day for you to get the PDF, just as long as you run it somewhere where interested members of the public can play.