[M-SPACE] REFLUX to be Released April 4

clarence

I'm very happy to hear PDFs work for you Opiyel. I hope you'll enjoy REFLUX. 

I also read PDFs mostly. Print is very convenient in many ways, but I find it's taking up too much space. I can't fit in more book shelves, so I'm currently following the concept 'to buy one book - get rid of one'. Incredibly difficult. Thus, I fill my harddisk instead. 

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

Yep, got it - looks really good. :D

After browsing Reflux I gave it 5 stars and wrote a very short review (well, one sentence - lack of time ...:() on DTRPG.

Edited by rust
  • Like 1

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I just purchased these today on Drivethru (core + Reflux), and they are being discussed on the facebook science fiction role playing group. I am thinking of converting my next pbp near future game to them maybe, the old pbp game I am GM of is running up on three years old now.

Anyone running a play-by-post game of this I could join as a player?

Also, any other tech & equipment resources available?

• Like 1

Hi dragoner, welcome to the forum. Using M-SPACE for a play-by-post game sounds interesting. Do you already have a setting in mind? I don't know much about PBP gaming unfortunately, but I'm sure someone else here does. 

Regarding more tech and equipment, you can take a look at Luther Arkwright or Colin Brett's conversion of 40k for BRP in the download section here on BRP Central. There's also a conversion of Star Frontiers there I believe, though I don't know how much tech it contains.

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

Thanks, Clarence! I will go look at those resources.

As far as a pbp, I didn't have a setting in mind, usually in learning a new game, I like to read the rules, make a character, and play as a player. Not all systems work as well as others in pbp's; usually the more narrative the better, it really depends on the group, however.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dragoner said:

Not all systems work as well as others in pbp's; usually the more narrative the better, it really depends on the group, however.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to use M-SPACE in this regard. From the top of my head, I would suggest you take a look at the rules for Passions and Extended Conflicts, though that will depend on the campaign of course. 

And I would love to hear more on how the game the develops!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clarence said:

Let me know if you have any questions on how to use M-SPACE in this regard. From the top of my head, I would suggest you take a look at the rules for Passions and Extended Conflicts, though that will depend on the campaign of course. 

And I would love to hear more on how the game the develops!

Thank you, Passions and Extended Conflicts sound interesting; right now I am reading the rules and planning on making a couple of characters. I have been slowly making my campaign setting, it's for another rules set right now, however as someone said, it's its own setting, not really attached to any rules set, if you want to see it, I can post a download link to the 'work-in-progress' pdf.

I like what I see so far, I'm weighing the difference between simplified and regular combat; as when I play or GM, I have tendency to emphasize intellect over brawn. 

• Like 1

A download link would be nice : ) 

I almost always use simplified combat for my games. Violence is just not a big thing for most of my players. Or you can start with simplified and then add in more rules if you need them. 

(My thoughts this evening go to the victims of the terrorist attack in Stockholm and their families). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarence said:

A download link would be nice : ) 

I almost always use simplified combat for my games. Violence is just not a big thing for most of my players. Or you can start with simplified and then add in more rules if you need them. 

(My thoughts this evening go to the victims of the terrorist attack in Stockholm and their families). 

My sympathies to the victims. :(

I will send you a link.

• Like 1