Where will your Heroquest game go?

Ian Cooper

Where do you want to take your Heroquest Glorantha game  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose one of these for a new Heroquest setting, which one would it be? (The choices are based on other surveys, I'll circle back on none of these later)

• The Holy Country
    • Prax
    • Ralios
    • Tarsh (or the Lunar Provinces)
    • You'll pry my Sartar/Pavis campaign from my cold dead hands
    • None of these, I want a far more exotic location of the lozenge for my next game
  2. 2. When you think about the kind of game you want to run, what is your preference for future Heroquest games?

• Grim and Gritty: I like to play low-power games where every day is a struggle just to survive and find enough for your next meal
    • Movers and Shakers: I love Game of Thrones and think Heroquest could rock that
    • Demi-gods and Heroes: I want my players to to take their place in the Hero Wars!

On 12/2/2017 at 4:23 PM, Hyperlexic said:

I’m late to this party but I’d dearly love to see a full on Lunar supplement. 

The HQ1-era Lunars books are available in The Vault. Some of it is less relevant with the newer rules or superseded by the Guide, but the remainder is still a lot of gamble material for $5 a pop. A Lunars book of the same quality as the Pavis & Sartar books would be great though, especially with current-style Cult write-ups for Hwarin, Hon-Eel, Yana Aranis, and the like.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yelm's Light said:

Definitely Kralorela.  Chinese mythology has always fascinated me, and I started getting the Kralorela bug when I came up with an item for our little More Plunder project that was straight out of Chinese myth.

This needs attention but I think Kralorela should not be a China expy. It should feel like Bronze Age China in the same way that Sartar feels like the Halstatt Culture; hearkening but when you look deep, quite different. So: free use of Chinese monsters and folklore, adapted - like we have in Dragon Pass with European legend - but just as innovative and strange as the Pass and Prax, as well...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

This needs attention but I think Kralorela should not be a China expy. It should feel like Bronze Age China in the same way that Sartar feels like the Halstatt Culture; hearkening but when you look deep, quite different. So: free use of Chinese monsters and folklore, adapted - like we have in Dragon Pass with European legend - but just as innovative and strange as the Pass and Prax, as well...

Much like pretty much every area in Glorantha that is developed...but there are strong correlations.