Hi

Just to let you know that corrected PDFs for the following books have been uploaded to the Chaosium website (go via your Completed Orders), DriveThru RPG, and Bits & Mortar.

Call of Cthulhu Rulebook

Investigator Handbook (well, this will be uploaded within the next 3-4 hours)

Keeper Screen Pack (Keeper Reference Booklet)

Doors to Darkness

Pulp Cthulhu

The Two-Headed Serpent

The Grand Grimire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got the PDFs of the newer 7th edition books from Bits & Mortar, and they all seem to be the original PDFs. None of them had been updated with any of the errata.

This applies to all the following PDFs:

Keeper Rulebook
Investigator Handbook
Keeper Screen Pack
S. Petersen’s Field Guide to Lovecraftian Horrors
Doors to Darkness
Pulp Cthulhu

I don't know if The Two-Headed Serpent and The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic have been updated at Bits & Mortar. But I'm guessing they aren't available there yet, since the print versions haven't been released yet.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mike. Any chance the 'last updated date' could be flagged on the website so we can verify if we've already got the latest version please? Or an email out to all purchasers notifying of the updates - I only saw this while I was browsing for something else and [correctly] surmised that it was posted by you, so must be important! ;-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently downloaded the PDFs from Bits and Mortar again, and they now seem to be the versions updated with the latest errata.

However, I found that some of the errata is still missing from these PDFs. And I also found a few new things, marked with an asterisk.

Keeper Rulebook

Page 402 - .25 Derringer (1B) -  end of row - change ”1920a” to ”1920s”

Page 402 - .45 Revolver - end of row - change ”1920S” to ”1920s”

I would recommend to remove the first empty page after the cover from the file, so that the page numbering is the same as the page of the PDF. You have already done this with the updated PDF of the Investigator Handbook.

*In both of the updated PDFs for the Keeper Rulebook (page 4 or 5, depending upon if you go by the number of the page or the page of the PDF) and the Investigator Handbook (page 6) now says that the book was printed in Germany instead of China. Is this in preparation of a new printing or something? :) However, in the PDF of the Keeper Rulebook, on the back cover, under the ISBN, it still says ”Printed in China”.

Investigator Handbook

*Page 73 - Big Game Hunter - Skills - Put a space in front of ”Natural World” (This wasn’t in the older PDF)

Page 93 - White Collar Worker - Clerk/Executive - ”Language” should be: ”Language (Own or Other)”

Page 181 - column 2, header ”Winchester M1887 Shotgun and M1901Shotgun” - insert space between ”M1901” and ”Shotgun”

Last page of the PDF, I do not know what this called, but it is a spread of the back cover, spine and front cover. If possible I would like to see this to be only the back cover, like in the Keeper Rulebook PDF. Cause since this is so wide, it is causing some problems for me in certain PDF readers when working with the PDF.

Keeper Screen Pack - Keeper Screen

The Keeper Screen Pack zip-file doesn’t seem to be fully updated. The reverse side of the Keeper Screen seem to be the original file and hasn’t been updated. As I understand it, there is an updated version of this file and I’m thinking to perhaps ”fix” my Keeper Screen by printing out the changes to the Firearms- and Chases-boxes and glue them to the screen.

Keeper Screen Pack - Keeper Reference Booklet

The Keeper Reference Booklet-PDF seem to have been updated in the Keeper Screen Pack zip-file. However alot of the of the errata is still missing from it.

*Page 1 - The address to Chaosium hasn’t been updated to the new address, as you have done in the updated PDFs for the Keeper Rulebook and Investigator Handbook

Page 10 - Hand-to-Hand Weapons - Spear (cavalry lance) - delete the asterisk and replace with ”(i)”

Page 11 - .25 Derringer (1B) - end of row - change ”1920a” to ”1920s”

Page 11 - .45 Revolver - end of row - change ”1920S” to ”1920s”

Page 12 - .22 Bolt-Action Rifle - end of row - change ”1920S” to ”1920s”

Page 12 - 12-gauge Shotgun (semi-auto) - Base Range - change “yeards” to yards

Page 13 - Thompson – change 1920s era cost to: $200+ (insert “+”)

Page 13 - Model 1882 Gatling Gun - end of row - insert comma after "1920s"

Page 15 - Chainsaw [footnote] – line 3: "towards to user's head" should be "towards the user's head”

Page 15 - Garrote [footnote] – line 2 - "again" should be "against"

Pulp Cthulhu

Page 73 - The Pulp Cthulhu errata-file has some changes to the example on this page, but I’m guessing this hasn’t been done yet, since that change seem to have been added to the errata-file a couple of weeks after you did all that PDF updating back in the beginning of april.

Edited by Elder Thing

• 2 months later...

I’m still wondering if the updated PDF of the reverse side of the Keeper Screen will be uploaded to the Bits and Mortar servers? Because I would really like to have that file so I could try and ”fix” my Keeper Screen by gluing the changes to it.

As I wrote in the post above, the files at Bits and Mortar seem to be updated now, even though some errata still isn’t incorporated into the PDFs. But the Keeper Screen Pack zip-file still has the old version of the reverse side of the Keeper Screen. Only the Keeper Screen Booklet has been updated in the Keeper Screen Pack zip-file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike, I was wondering if you could post in this thread when the Keeper Screen Pack-zip file at Bits and Mortar has been updated? Because I tried downloading the zip-file again on the 27th of October and it wasn’t updated yet. And the download links you get from Bits and Mortar only allow you to download the files a few times before the links stop working.

And did you mean that all the PDFs of the 7e books are to be updated again with the still missing (and some new) errata that I have listed above, or did you just mean that the Keeper Screen Pack-zip file will be fixed with the updated version of the Reverse Side of the Keeper Screen on Bits and Mortar?

Because I think that the PDFs of all the 7e books on Bits and Mortar are the same as the PDFs that you get from DriveThruRPG or directly from Chaosium. Because the PDFs I got from Bits and Mortar show to have been updated the same date as you updated them on DriveThruRPG. It is just the reverse side of the Keeper Screen that hasn't been updated in the Keeper Screen Pack-zip file on Bits and Mortar. So what I mean is that the errata above isn't only for the PDFs on Bits and Mortar, but probably also for the PDFs at DriveThruRPG, Chaosium and where ever else they are available.

Edited by Elder Thing

Has anyone at Chaosium considered PDFs without the background or changing the export settings in some way. For me, the Chaosium PDFs are extremely slow to load. Clicking on a bookmark you get a blank page, then after 3 or 4 seconds the background comes in, then the text and actual graphics. I've monkeyed with all the tools I have trying to compress them as well as trying pretty much every PDF reader on Windows, Mac, and Android without much luck.

• 2 months later...

I’m wondering if there is any new information about the PDFs being updated with the missing errata.

Mike mentioned that they were to be updated sometime in the middle of November of last year, but they don’t seem to have been updated yet.

I did try and download the Investigator Handbook from Bits and Mortar during the weekend, because I saw that the file had been updated at DriveThruRGP on the 2nd of January. But Bits and Mortar still had the old version of the PDF. (And I don't know what changes the new version of the PDF at DriveThruRGP contains.)

I downloaded the Keeper Rulebook, Investigator Handbook, Pulp Cthulhu and the Keeper Screen Pack from Bits and Mortar. But only the Keeper Screen Pack seems to be updated, the zip-file now contains the updated reverse side of the Keeper screen, and also new versions with new layouts of both the Keeper Reference Booklet and the Scenarios book.

Has this newer version of the Keeper Screen Pack with all the updated stuff been printed and been made available in our FLGS, or is just as PDFs for now? And if so, can one tell from the packaging if it's the updated version?

What about the Keeper Rulebook, Investigator Handbook and the Pulp Cthulhu PDFs? Weren’t they supposed to have been updated as well?

I did find that one errata was still missing from the new Keeper Reference Booklet, as well as a new one I missed before.

The new Keeper Reference Booklet

Page 9 - 10-gauge (2B) - end of row - insert comma after 1920s

Page 10 - Model 1882 Gatling Gun - end of row – insert comma after 1920s

Edited by Elder Thing

• 1 month later...

Hi - I am chasing this (updated PDFs on Bits and Mortar), and waiting to hear back.

Newer versions of the titles are used when reprinting the books, these eventually find there way into stores etc.

Edited by Mike M

Hi

I have been advised that the Keeper Rulebook, Investigator Handbook, and Pulp Cthulhu are now up-to-date with Bits & Mortar. We are uploading new version of the Keeper Screen Pack zip file that contains the corrected Reference Booklet. 

Many thanks

I tried downloading the PDFs of the Keeper Rulebook, Investigator Handbook and Pulp Cthulhu from Bits and Mortar again. They haven’t been updated. I also downloaded the Keeper Screen Pack again, but I’m not sure if it's supposed to already be updated or if it will updated soon.

When checking the PDFs and when they were updated last, I get the following dates:

Keeper Rulebook - April 4, 2017 (Last updated on DriveThruRPG: April 4, 2017)
Investigator Handbook - April 5, 2017 (Last updated on DriveThruRPG: January 2, 2018)
Pulp Cthulhu - April 4, 2017  (Last updated on DriveThruRPG: April 4, 2017)

Keeper Screen Pack - The Keeper Screen Pack zip-file contains a bunch of files, but I checked the main ones and they have the following last updated dates:
Keeper Screen Reverse - November 11, 2017  
Keeper Screen Scenarios - October 16, 2017
Keeper Reference Booklet - October 5, 2017
(The Keeper Screen Pack was last updated on DriveThruRPG: April 4, 2017)

As I understand it, the errata I listed in the post that I made on the 7th of July 2017 earlier in this thread is supposed to be incorporated in the latest versions of these files. But both the PDF of the Keeper Rulebook and the PDF of Pulp Cthulhu from Bits and Mortar seem to be the same as the PDFs available on DriveThruRPG, and they were all updated on the 4th of April, 2017. However the Investigator Handbook seem to have been updated on DriveThruRPG in the beginning of January of this year.

The Keeper Screen Pack however, seem to be newer on Bits and Mortar then the version on DriveThruRPG.

Edited by Elder Thing

Any new information on if there is supposed to be newer versions of the different PDFs available?

Also, I’m wondering if the Keeper Resource Pack-PDF for The Two-Headed Serpent will be updated with the missing Handouts and Map?

The stuff that is missing can be found on the following pages in The Two-Headed Serpent:
Page 54 - Handout: NYC 5
Page 55 - Handout: NYC 6
Page 200 - Handout: Calcutta 6
Page 214 - The Map on that page

I've been informed that the Call of Cthulhu Rulebook, Investigator Handbook, Keeper Screen Pack, and Pulp Cthulhu PDFs are being updated on Bits and Mortar, DriveThru, and the Chaosium website in the next 24 hours. The files should also be updated on Backerkit within a couple of days.

• Like 1

So I just tried downloading from Bits and Mortar, the Keeper Rulebook, Investigator Handbook, Keeper Screen Pack, Pulp Cthulhu and also The Two-Headed Serpent, since I had seen that all these had now been updated over on DriveThruRPG.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to download the Investigator Handbook and the Keeper Screen Pack, since I have now reached my download limit for those two.

However, the ones I was able to download, the Keeper Rulebook, Pulp Cthulhu and The Two-Headed Serpent, none of them were updated. They are still the versions from back in the beginning of April of last year.

Are they supposed to have been updated on Bits and Mortar now?

Is it that the files have been uploaded with changed names, or perhaps as zip-files? Because my guess is that the only way people are able to use their old Bits and Mortar emails to download the updated files, is if the files are uploaded with the exact same name, and filetype, over the old file. That is how I’ve been able to download the Keeper Screen Pack-zip when it was updated on Bits and Mortar a while back.

A suggestion then would be for when you upload new books to Bits and Mortars, is to upload them as zip-files, so if you at a later point want to update or add extra files, like perhaps Handout-PDFs, Resource Pack-PDFs, images and so on. All you need to do is update the contents of the zip-file and reupload it over the old zip-file, with the exact same filename. That way old Bits and Mortar emails should work, atleast for as long as they haven’t reached their download limit.

However, if the files on Bits and Mortar have been updated, I find it strange that I still get the old versions of the books when I try to download them, unless the older versions of the PDFs aren’t removed from the Bits and Mortar servers when new versions are uploaded.

Edited by Elder Thing