Crowd Sourcing Past Misdeeds

Jon Hunter

I'm after some help.

My players have managed to get there hands on Halycon Von Enkorths ( Griffin Mountain Version ) journal and book keeping records going back 3 or 4 years.

Apart from stuff from the campaign book does anyone want to suggest titbits of information, payments records and notes of past misdeeds I can include to flesh out the documents?

• Like 1

Some end-papers sliced from a book and marked for the Library of the Yellow Palace in Bikhy these include an old map of Vanch a list of flora and fauna (or possibly a troll recipe) and a fluid sigil with sensual overtones made with a single brush stroke. It could be something to do with the Conquering Daughter, or the Lady of the Wild...

Edited by Byll
Couldn't spell Bikhy

From my list of rumors for Saird (slightly modified):

The dwarfs of Hilltown are trading copper blades for red clay - Elkoi pig $#!+ might work.
The dwarfs of Hilltown are now trading silver for white salt - where do the primitives get salt?
One of the local spirittalkers claims that the best salt comes from ancient water giants who were slain and dried out by fire gods - but can they find one?
The King of Imther is seeking a new bride - consider sending Marusa.
Stupid Etyries merchant building fort on Elf Sea - maybe can get primitives to raid it.
Caught Holayan spy.  Entrails were interesting - my reader says there is a great city in my future.
Idiot guards said there were red wyrms are breeding in the Red Wyrm river - should have them flayed.
Rumors say Quinscion the Patient has an incurable disease and will die shortly - how many times have I heard that before!
The Soldier's Ferry caravan has completely vanished - have to resort to a tribute on the local pigs.
Heard that a giant two-headed turtle swam up and out of the Elf Sea and ate 10 children of the Haylfan clan - serve the scum right. Maybe Marusa can claim credit?
The Esteemed Right Hand of Gormoral of Vanch is an idiot and foot-licker.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Hunter said:
15 hours ago, Iskallor said:

His unrequited love (poems) for someone really bizare.

A pig tenders daughter ?

Rather Granny Keeneye or a giantess. Possibly Bina Bang or Androgeus.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 minute ago, Jon Hunter said:

Or maybe some one interesting and powerful in the empire, thus explaining this rather  obscure posting

Moonson himself, or Great Sister? Countess Yolanela? Feathered Eye Woman? The head of the Tax Demons?

Poems for Jar-eel are dozens a dime, so no potential for scandal there.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 4/12/2017 at 6:11 AM, Jon Hunter said:

I'm after some help.

My players have managed to get there hands on Halycon Von Enkorths ( Griffin Mountain Version ) journal and book keeping records going back 3 or 4 years.

Apart from stuff from the campaign book does anyone want to suggest titbits of information, payments records and notes of past misdeeds I can include to flesh out the documents?

Some secrets relevant to Somebody Important; he's been blackmailing the S.I. (for cash, for other secrets, some trade advantage, etc) .

With this info in-hand the PC's can step right in and begin claiming whatever benefit Halcyon had; or try negotiating for some other benefit.  Of course, the S.I. really hates the situation, so doing this, it kind of hangs an "assassinate me!" sign between their shoulderblades...

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

Or maybe some one interesting and powerful in the empire, thus explaining this rather  obscure posting

Maybe Halcyon had insinuated himself into the good graces of a wealthy Lunar nobleman. Bringing all his charm to bear, he was intent on making a play for the hand of the nobleman's only daughter, heiress to the dukedom. But political enemies made the nobleman and his family scapegoats of a failed revolt. Halcyon quickly turned coat and perjured himself in denouncing them, hoping to save his skin. Although the uprising was real enough, the case against the Duke as a ringleader was weak at best. Rather than execution, his lands were confiscated and he was exiled in disgrace to distant Prax with his wife and daughter. Halcyon thought it prudent to make haste away somewhere too, as the Duke's remaining allies hated him for his treachery and the Duke's enemies despised him for it.

Halcyon had accumulated a sizeable stash of loot toadying up to the Duke, but had spent a good deal of it in bribes to quickly securing the first diplomatic post he could find. This job with Imperial status gave him a level of protection against repercussions from the Duke's downfall, but he was crestfallen to learn of barbarous, pig-infested poverty-stricken backwater that the job would actually take him to. Maybe exile to Prax in the company of the lovely Lady Jezra would have been better after all?

Edited by MOB
  • Like 4