Advanced Combat Video Example

RosenMcStern

The threshold is in fact in use, but irrelevant. Whenever the guards go to zero SR or lower (or below the threshold), Fantasy Grounds subtracts one from their LP. But since no one remained in the fight after receiving a major wound, LP were never used. If running such a combat on tabletop, you would have skipped counting LP until someone got wounded.

As for free actions, each secondary weapon for which you have a trait or stunt gives you a free action. Works like in Legend, nothing more.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 2 months later...

Ran my first session using Advance Combat this evening with two (2) Players. We really enjoyed it, especially for a small scale skirmish. The options when an attack failed but still generated an Effect really brought home a nice and different feel to the melee. I look forward to some more.

Edited by 1000buffalo
  • Like 1

Thank you for the feedback! I could not hope for a better 1000th post in the sub-forum. You will see that the system can handle even large amounts or opponents, or very tough monsters who can take huge punishments and require you to take their Life Points down to full negative, equally well.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I was in 1000Buffalo's game last night, and it was my first experience using the full advanced combat rules.

What I enjoyed most about it, was how there was a lot of tentative attacks at first, running around, jockeying for position, stabbing out and doing minor damage to opponents. But then all of the sudden, things turned grim, and a few solid hits ended the fight fast. Felt very realistic to me, not at all like the usual BRP experience of winnowing away hit points bit by bit until someone falls. 

Liked it a lot. Looking forward to playing with the AC rules a lot more in the future.

• Like 1

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.