Elric of Melnibone questions

badcat

Questions for anyone who may know...

I have avoided these (Mongoose Elric books) due to the binding problems, but I have noticed they are now perfect bound paperbacks?

Are there suggestions in the setting material for allowing PCs to 'win' by escaping the Young Kingdoms or altering history?

The books contain a modified MRQ, I understand. How is combat and opposed skill resolution changed if so?

If I was still not comfortable with the modified MRQ ruleset, how much work on a scale of 1-10 would it take to convert it to a full BRP version?

Any sincere replies welcome.:)

Questions for anyone who may know...

I have avoided these (Mongoose Elric books) due to the binding problems, but I have noticed they are now perfect bound paperbacks?

Are there suggestions in the setting material for allowing PCs to 'win' by escaping the Young Kingdoms or altering history?

The books contain a modified MRQ, I understand. How is combat and opposed skill resolution changed if so?

If I was still not comfortable with the modified MRQ ruleset, how much work on a scale of 1-10 would it take to convert it to a full BRP version?

Any sincere replies welcome.:)

For the most part, converting over to BRP would be pretty easy, assuming

a few things like taking the Mongoose EoM magic system as is. Which is

a good idea. Maybe a 2 or 3 (assuming 1 is easiest).

I'll have to reread the core, but I don't think there is anything specific about

allowing the PCs to escape by altering history, but there is some tidbits

regarding travelling the Multiverse, so escape is possible. Of course, the

GM can do anything they wish to the setting. And, older suggestions for the

Chaosium line was to set the PCs in the YK prior to Elric's ascension to the

throne.

Combat and opposed skill tests are handled just like the current MRQ from

what I recall. EoM was the first printed version of the rules that had the

combat "errata". I don't think those mechanics stray too far from MRQ.

I'm sure Loz will chime in - he wrote the book after all :)

-V

Thanks. I have run three campaigns to the bitter end, the players found Tanelorn and escaped the general doom in one. Mostly I was just wondering how much if any 'official' support there was for straying from canon. I am interested in EoM mostly because of the magic system, it sounds like a different enough approach to revive my interest in the setting now that the printing problems seem to be resolved. You make it sound as though the system is cleaned up some from the initial MRQ release, and that it would require little work to use my beloved old SB1 rules if I wished as well. Sounds good. Now to work on getting some credit at Noble Knight...