End Times Monograph

Given the setting's inclusion in Cthulhu Thru The Ages, one would assume that there are plans for it in Cthulhu 7E at some stage. Perhaps a one-off book with setting info and supplements, much like what they did with The Dreamlands setting.

However there has not been any formal announcements regarding it, so my guess its way on the back burner at present.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

While it's true that there is a post-apocalytic "End Time" kind of setting described in Cthulhu Through the Ages, it feels more like a new attempt at creating such a beast than a continuation of the material created by Michael LaBossiere for the monograph. Actually the new stuff kinda makes me think of a roleplaying tie-in to Sandy Petersen's "Cthulhu Wars" boardgame, which might be closer to what Chaosium has in mind ...

To answer the OP's question, though -- I think it's safe to assume that there's no current development of the La Bossiere "End Time" setting (which was really only published in book form at all because Pagan dropped the project sometime in the late 1990s IIRC). It would be cool to have more post-Mythos-apocalypse game material out there ... but the only stuff that's even come close in recent years are the Cthulhu Apocalpyse scenario/setting books Pelgrane published for Trail of Cthulhu. And they take a different tack again.

Dean (from Adelaide)

20 hours ago, dce said:

While it's true that there is a post-apocalytic "End Time" kind of setting described in Cthulhu Through the Ages, it feels more like a new attempt at creating such a beast than a continuation of the material created by Michael LaBossiere for the monograph. Actually the new stuff kinda makes me think of a roleplaying tie-in to Sandy Petersen's "Cthulhu Wars" boardgame, which might be closer to what Chaosium has in mind ...

To answer the OP's question, though -- I think it's safe to assume that there's no current development of the La Bossiere "End Time" setting (which was really only published in book form at all because Pagan dropped the project sometime in the late 1990s IIRC). It would be cool to have more post-Mythos-apocalypse game material out there ... but the only stuff that's even come close in recent years are the Cthulhu Apocalpyse scenario/setting books Pelgrane published for Trail of Cthulhu. And they take a different tack again.

Dean (from Adelaide)

There was a futuristic Cthulhu scenario in Ripples from Carcosa which had a sort of post- End Times outpost of humans and Great Race in the outer Solar System. I have the End TImes supplement in PDF form and it is very thought provoking. It provides a good Science-fiction base for solar-system adventuring, along with Cthulhu Rising/Jovian Nightmares. All lamentably out of print.

Edited by Questbird