YOUR PURSE OR YOUR LIFE! Robyn Hode is here.

cover_promo.jpg

Robyn Hode is here, along with a new incarnation of Merrie England for Revolution D100.

Robyn Hode will be happy to rob you of your valuables, to give them to the poor, from the 2nd to the 4th of June 2017 in Birmingham, at the UK Game Expo, stand K8. The author will be around, too, for those who like their games signed.

Pre-orders available at RPG Meeting, with a free PDF for those who book their copy in advance. Use the ALG_UKGE discount code to skip shipping fees if you can pick up your copy in Birmingham.

Edited by RosenMcStern
  • Like 6

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

On 5/11/2017 at 8:58 PM, Zit said:

Beside the rules, what are the main differences with The Age of Eleanor ?

A lot of Campaign Information describing the land around Sherwood Forest and major NPCs.

New rules for Guardians, if you want a Herne the Hunter spirit as in Robin of Sherwood.

New rules for contests of various kinds.

Lots and lots of scenarios hooks.

Adventurer Creation is now Revolution D100 style.

The Land and the People, Nobles, Knights and the Crown, Trading and Adventuring and Religion and Magic are pretty much the same as Age of Chivalry and Age of Eleanor. 

On 5/12/2017 at 2:42 AM, Vile said:

Is there any content in the earlier incarnations which is not in ME:RH?

Alchemy has been dropped, mainly because Wierd Science does a lot of alchemy, I might redo it in terms of Wierd Science in a Companion, if we do one.

Astrology/Divination/Demonology/Enchanting/Medicine have been dropped, for similar reasons and would be better in a Companion or Arcane Arts supplement.

Further Afield has been dropped, as we wanted to focus on England and Sherwood Forest.

The Crusades have been dropped, as I want to include them in some other Supplement.

The Afterlife has been dropped, as I want to include Heaven/Hell/Demons in another supplement, as above.

The Whitlingthorpe Campaign has been dropped, as I wanted a Sherwood sandbox with a lot of scenario hooks rather than a series of scnearios,

Now, that might sound a lot of things to be dropped, but Merrie England:Robyn Hode has 40 pages of the Sherwod Campaign, which is over 20% of the supplement.

Rather than squeezing things in just because they were there in previous versions, I would like to revisit them properly for Revolution D100, amending and expanding where possible.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

You have archery contests (how can you run a Robyn Hode game without them?), music contests, tournements, wrestling contests. Anything you would insert in a well developed medieval campaign. All of them follow the RD100 contest template, but have their own peculiarities. After all, in a game with four different kinds of minstrel professions, you will really need a situation when your entertainer can shine.

• Like 2

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Guest Vile Traveller
15 hours ago, soltakss said:

Rather than squeezing things in just because they were there in previous versions, I would like to revisit them properly for Revolution D100, amending and expanding where possible.

Sign me up for a copy of the Merrie England Companion. :)

21 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

You have archery contests (how can you run a Robyn Hode game without them?), music contests, tournements, wrestling contests. Anything you would insert in a well developed medieval campaign. All of them follow the RD100 contest template, but have their own peculiarities.

It was surprising how easily the RD100 rules for resolving contests worked for this kind of contests. 

After all, in a game with four different kinds of minstrel professions, you will really need a situation when your entertainer can shine.

Four? Bard, Minstrel, Troubadour, Trouvere and Wayte off the top of my head, makes five. You can never have enough minstrelly people in a medieval supplement, otherwise Alan -a-Dale would feel lonely.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

Four? Bard, Minstrel, Troubadour, Trouvere and Wayte off the top of my head, makes five. You can never have enough minstrelly people in a medieval supplement, otherwise Alan -a-Dale would feel lonely.

If we have time, we shall work on an occitan fin amor companion with Gianni ;)

• Like 1

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

• 2 weeks later...

I am running two sessions of Robyn Hode at UK Expo:

Friday afternoon: The Morris Miners http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/game.php?id=RPG3143 

Saturday afternoon: Going A-Rescuing http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/game.php?id=RPG3144

There's spaces available, so if you're in the area and free in those slots, come and game. 

Thanks to Dimbyd for pointing this out.

• Like 1