RosenMcStern

YOUR PURSE OR YOUR LIFE! Robyn Hode is here.

Just been at Alephtar's stall at UK Games Expo and Merrie England:Robyn Hode looks very nice indeed. We are there all weekend, so pop in if you are passing.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 2

Robyn is in the hode!

Unfortunately I have an academic paper to write so I'm off gaming-related reading until September! Perversely I am less busy during semester than in summer ...  :huh:

20170706_184306.jpg

Edited by Vile

It's a small, tiny mention, but the notes re: John Barleycorn and others made me smile. And hum ..

"... and these three men made a solemn vow: John Barleycorn must die."

Edited by 1000buffalo
  • Like 1

Do you want to start an errata thread ? I've already seen 2 :

- p.11 language table: any French shall speak any Occitan with a penalty (not a consequence)

- p. 35, Corn Dollies: a page reference is missing "see also p.xx"

5 hours ago, Zit said:

Do you want to start an errata thread ? I've already seen 2 :

- p.11 language table: any French shall speak any Occitan with a penalty (not a consequence)

- p. 35, Corn Dollies: a page reference is missing "see also p.xx"

Thanks.

Is Occitan so close to French as to only have a consequence? I thought it was a bit further removed than that.

I hate page references in RPG books. I much prefer referring to sections or chapters.

no, you're right, a penalty is better, but the chart says "one Consequence". (even if the text below says "Penalty")

ok, I won't mention pages anymore, I only thought it would help. But I mentioned the sections as well.

"Diseases and Illness" -> "Wounds & Infection": the last sentence is cut.

Edited by Zit

5 hours ago, Zit said:

no, you're right, a penalty is better, but the chart says "one Consequence". (even if the text below says "Penalty")

We changed from Penalties to Consequences halfway through, as Penalties seemed too harsh. Obviously I didn't change it everywhere.

The French line in the table should have a Penalty for Occitan.

5 hours ago, Zit said:

ok, I won't mention pages anymore, I only thought it would help. But I mentioned the sections as well.

Please mention them. If they have Page xx then they are clearly wrong and we have missed them. 

When writing them, I use a word processor without illustrations and page numbers will not match the final document, which is why I normally don't use Page xx. I think this might have been introduced in an editing phase and wasn't caught in the proofreading.

5 hours ago, Zit said:

"Diseases and Illness" -> "Wounds & Infection": the last sentence is cut.

Probably best to remove ", and even if the", as I cannot remember what I was going to put there. My document has the half sentence. I probably meant to have a Consequence or Penalty to the wound, but that might be overkill.

I picked up a hard copy of Robyn Hode at UKGE and wondered about getting a pdf as well but there is no sticker with two values to enter on the Get a PDF page at the Alephtar site so is one included with the hard copy and if so how can I acquire it ?

Nigel

This WAS shipped to backers three months ago. Please contact us via Ulule or any other means that can let us identify your pledge and we will sort it out.