[Skaerune'] Possible Redesign

Sean_RDP

So as I have been working on Skaerune' I started with some ideas firmly rooted in the history of BRP and influenced by OpenQuest and what has come before. Now, what two or three years in, I feel like I need to chisel away those aspects more. So a few things may change about Sjaerune' specifically and Q21 in general over the next month or so.

1. Name Change. So Skaerune' means SKy Rune and really.. that aspect of the design just does not fit any more. So I am thinking Sky Weird or Skaewyrd or Sky Storm, Skaemyr. Have not decided yet.
  2. Magic: Magic is maybe too complex. I still want to add a Smithing magician style as well. I may Revamp Weird and Soul Magic into one style, keep Sorcery and add in Smithing/Crafting/Some name...
  3. And pairing down Skills some.

Right now that is it. IT means reworking Salt Mine Blues, but that is okay. The feedback I am getting now is good. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/

10 hours ago, Trifletraxor said:

My vote is for Skaemyr! What does that mean really?

It means Sky Storm. "myr" derived from the Finnish word for storm (I think, assuming my source was right). The Kalevala is a big influence on the game and always has been. . 

It fits descriptively better as a "Storm" opens in the sky when a new city/culture is summoned to the world.

• Like 1

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/