Any idea when Khan of Khans gets delivered?

Pentallion

School was closed for the day, so my girls had a few friends around and decided to have a game of KofK. They had a really fun game, the only thing they mentioned is that everyone ended up with at least one Waha's Blessing which caused a stalemate where they never got used.

Of course that doesn't really affect the rest of the gameplay, they still had fun and over the 3 games I've played I've never seen that happen. One factor could be that I've noticed the girls are reluctant to use offensive cards against other players unless they have no real choice, such as if the game is entirely oriented around attack. So it's possible they only got into that position due to that.

Has anyone else see something like this happen?

Simon Hibbs

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

When I play it with my kids they implement their usual "beat dad" strategy. They seemed to play most of the Waha's Blessing cards on me, even if I also had one. Thus, we had more of a "pass the 100 cattle to the next player" situation, not a "nobody played their card first".

• Haha 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

I found that removing half the Waha's Blessing cards stops the 100 cow pass round. For @Rick Meints fond memory, here's last tuesdays game at the Tuesday Knights (we also played Camelot the court, which I can also recommend for both your kids @simonh & @Rick Meints https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/board-games-c800/a-z-c801/c-c809/camelot-the-court-p118883) simple rules  )IMG_6370.thumb.JPG.7a447d228d930fd2f47d2b174949b056.JPG

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Had my first game last night with my lads. My 11yr old loves whimsical games like Munchkin and such, so Khan of Khans was right on the money for him in regards to artwork, and the fact that it was all about capturing cows, he thought that was was 'pretty random' (his words, not mine)

We had a few good games, he beat me twice the little bugga. Thanks Chaosium for letting me introduce Glorantha a little earlier than I expected to.

We had a great time :D

• Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 14/09/2017 at 3:37 PM, David Scott said:

I found that removing half the Waha's Blessing cards stops the 100 cow pass round.

We thought about that, as there are two per location. Well give it a go.

The Camelot game looks interesting, I'll check it out.

Simon Hibbs

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

It's here! The game looks great, the production quality is top notch! Personally I would have loved to have the Khans cards and the map be on the same cardstock as the Corral tokens, but that's just me.

KoK.JPG

Edited by Jenx

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/09/2017 at 3:59 PM, il brutto said:

My copy arrived on Tuesday. It's a charming little game that's well produced. I played and enjoyed it with my lunchtime group (with some "Oh Glorantha" reactions) and look forward to introducing it to my kids next. 

I knocked off 7 plays with my boys (8 and 5) over the weekend and it's a massive hit with them, while my more critical daughter (11) liked her first play.

With repeated plays I'm seeing more how cleverly the game is put together and am finding more ways to improve my chances (typical Knizia). To give credit to the developers the thematic bits (special location cards and especially Khan abilities - I left these out at first but they were ready for it soon) certainly add to the fun.

Great job Chaosium.